Maybe
20%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

muncuss

Basic Utility and City Stuff

Post by muncuss »

I have searched the forum but not find any suggestion about this. So, how about basic utilities? Electricity, water, and maybe waste processing. some things can be created with this, utility company, population demands, city rating.

Utility company is obvious, aside from water and electricity there can be also waste processing company. Just waste collector/transporter/incinerator company which get grant(right?) from government or full waste recycling company which produce product from waste and get profit without grant.

Then population demand for electricity and water. But i don't really know if the game need these lol. But there can be waste supply.

Then city rating of basic utilities and cleanliness which influence population migration

Other small things, how about seaport owned by city? Or is there already freight income from seaport to city?
And maybe devs can spice up more about city management, so i can really feel about managing a city. Maybe put more problem, demonstration, criminal, traffic, or disaster and city need to actually repair instead of just money-lost event. Or if too hard to implement, just add more, much more varied events. Then player can read all of those news in media company UI

and road can be more explored, if not hard to implement. Road tarrif and fees, trasport company, road accident and disaster, influencing safety and healthcare sector, and further, insurance company.
Or maybe too complex to implement, just add more events

Sorry for bad English
Last edited by muncuss on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcioaneves
Level 2 user

Re: Basic Utility and City Stuff

Post by marcioaneves »

I like your suggestions !!! Please develop team, think about it !!!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

muncuss wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:53 am Or maybe too complex to implement, just add more events
What new events would you suggest? Would you please provide more details?
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

David wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:44 pm
muncuss wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:53 am Or maybe too complex to implement, just add more events
Suggestion 1: When the city economy deteriorates, the services provided should affect the profitability and production of companies.

Suggestion 2: The majority of energy investments and distribution should be in local government. The energy crisis must affect all companies and trade.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

I have a question, I would be glad if you could help me.
Something caught my attention in the simulation.
In the simulation, when the economy goes into recession, the balance sheets of companies and municipalities seem solid, for example, they don't have credit debts in general... then why is there a recession?
it seems as if there is no clear relationship between the activities of the companies and the economic situation.
what is your opinion?

Simülasyonda bir şey dikkatimi çekti.
Simülasyonda ekonomi resesyona girdiğinde şirketlerin ve belediyelerin bilançoları sağlam görünüyor mesela genel olarak kredi borçları yok... o zaman neden resesyon oluyor?
şirketlerin faaliyetleri ile ekonomik durum arasında net bir ilişki yok gibi görünüyor.
senin görüşün nedir?
David

Post by David »

mdemircan2 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:39 pm I have a question, I would be glad if you could help me.
Something caught my attention in the simulation.
In the simulation, when the economy goes into recession, the balance sheets of companies and municipalities seem solid, for example, they don't have credit debts in general... then why is there a recession?
it seems as if there is no clear relationship between the activities of the companies and the economic situation.
what is your opinion?
A recession occurs when the GDP growth is negative.
You can look at the GDP screen for the details.
Attachments
GDP growth.png
GDP growth.png (149.91 KiB) Viewed 483 times
muncuss

Post by muncuss »

mdemircan2 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:34 pm

Suggestion 1: When the city economy deteriorates, the services provided should affect the profitability and production of companies.

Suggestion 2: The majority of energy investments and distribution should be in local government. The energy crisis must affect all companies and trade.
For #1, we already have recession. Isn't that same? And for #2, for energy crisis, maybe like power cut, halting the operation of some company in that city. Like actual factories cannot produce anything for maybe a few days (not just a text event).
Or it could be a chained event, a disaster happened, then by random chance 1 to 100 can damage electric company/city generator or an imaginary generator. if number over 50 (in code/hidden system), then media launch announcement news that one or two days later there will be power cut for a few days. If under, then media say no problem. This can make game more exciting

But i thought about this, why no smaller event, like usual factory breakdown, by short circuit, or worker's fault, or a strike! how about workers strike event? they are not happy about current salary. Then is there a chance to also include salary system for worker? Just maybe like there is minimum wage per city and player can adjust wage slider per factory or building. Slider higher than minimum wage, worker happy. Lower, worker strike.

It can be deeper by adding worker count. Just simple worker count. Then when player build a factory, if wage good, worker count up, wage bad, worker can go out one by one. It can save player profit from going red in recession by lowering worker salary
Last edited by muncuss on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
muncuss

Post by muncuss »

About road? For only-text event, you can refer to many random accident news.
For event that influence other things, i can't thing anything other than disaster :lol: (i am from a country that experience, 4, less or more, earthquake everyday). So big accident or disaster can happen and produce spike, if a city it is in healthcare and safety expense. As i said before, it can influence further to insurance company, also produce a spike in insurance claim.
Further, then player who have insurance company will get popup, "there is spike in insurance claim, will you accept or reject/deny?" with yes no button and the consequences for each.

Oh, other event, a protest/public demonstration sometimes happen, and can reduce shop revenue as it disrupt traffic. Another cause maybe city gov decide to block a road for some reason. It can happen for a day or few days. The unfortunate shop or shops can just be decided randomly.

Other people here can help with giving event ideas. And i will also still think about other ideas, as to make the game feels more deep.

I really hope you add that 'read daily news in media UI' thing, as sometimes player can become bored after watching only green profit number goes up. With this implemented, when i am bored watching company report, i can go to news UI to read what happened in the city i live or govern.
'Student cannot afford school/college', 'criminality increase at night', 'more accident at road due to haze from forest fire', 'more factories churning out pollution, environment in danger'.

"Oh, maybe i need to change some policy"

(Hidden request, maybe devs can add something so player/ai cannot just build something, it needs to be approved by mayor. Then also with city policy to block certain industry to be built or some raw material to be exported.
This is like my country currently doing downstream policy, "no more raw nickel". As i read that in future update, city can create it's own company, player can "kinda" implement that policy by blocking private ai who want to build mines and instead allow city-owned corporation to build it.
I also read about UWF (Urban Wealth Fund) last night, if i can create it in future update, this game will be very very beautiful, very good, for a people like me who love to learn about economy)
David

Post by David »

I would recommend that you create a separate post with polls for the random events.

It would be helpful if you could divide the suggested random events into 2 groups: one that requires new gameplay mechanics like adjustable worker salaries you suggested, which are more complicated to implement, and another group that works with existing game rules which are relatively easier to implement.
muncuss

Post by muncuss »

David wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:11 am I would recommend that you create a separate post with polls for the random events.

It would be helpful if you could divide the suggested random events into 2 groups: one that requires new gameplay mechanics like adjustable worker salaries you suggested, which are more complicated to implement, and another group that works with existing game rules which are relatively easier to implement.
I'lll let this be done by other :D
Any member or guest, if you can help make my suggestions more (tidy/ordered?), Or your suggestion is nearly same as one of these, then please create poll as all these things is something that suddenly come to my mind.
I am just writing it here as i fear the thought can lose, as they are i think quite good things to be added to the game.