ores and take overs

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
abcotonou

ores and take overs

Post by abcotonou »

Hi team,

When taking over a mine, the ore in the sales cells automatically switch to the new company's brand, but the ore in the inventory cells don't. It keeps the former company's brand, which is a problem when it's sent to a warehouse. The input cell keeps it at its level, as different ore brand don't mix.

Maybe making sure that after a takeover, ores in mines' inventory cell take the brand of the new company should fix the issue.

With regards
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: ores and take overs

Post by David »

I've tested and the brand of the inventory unit in a mine was successfully changed to the acquiring company under a merger.

Since your save game uses the same corporate colors for many of subsidiaries, you may not be able to tell the color change easily. I would suggest that you create a new game using different corporate colors for the acquiring company and the target company in a merger to test it. If the problem still persists, please send us your save game.
abcotonou

Post by abcotonou »

Hello, thank you for your reply. I'm positive, I have to dump mines, logging camps and oil pits' inventories each time, otherwise, once the ore in the sales cell is sold, the one in the inventory cells gets in and blocks the supply chain.
I remain
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

abcotonou wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:05 am Hello, thank you for your reply. I'm positive, I have to dump mines, logging camps and oil pits' inventories each time, otherwise, once the ore in the sales cell is sold, the one in the inventory cells gets in and blocks the supply chain.
I remain
The programmer looked that the brand of your inventory in your mine using a debugging tool and noticed that they were indeed changed to the acquiring company's brand after a merger.

The problem you encountered may be caused by something else.

I did test the savegame you provided earlier and executed a merger and the inventory of your mine was working properly and the minerals were transferred to the sales units without any problems.

Please send us your savegame file that exhibits the problem you described above so that we can investigate it.