Unable to buy Mansion thats on sale - offer price stuck at 793,157

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
ste234

Unable to buy Mansion thats on sale - offer price stuck at 793,157

Post by ste234 »

Hi,
I have encountered a bug with buying a Mansion thats on sale. My offer price has a max limit imposed thats well below my balance and the mansions price, clicking the up button doesnt do anything, though i can reduce the offer. Screenshot shows the dialog with the issue and i'll keep the save file incase you need it.The issue affects all mansions on sale, in any city. Other building types Offer dialogs seem to be working fine. I'm using what i think is the current version, 9.1.25 installer with the 9.1.26 zip patch applied and I don't have any Mods or DLC installed
BrokenMansionPurchase.png
BrokenMansionPurchase.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 2408 times
P.s. Compliments on the new version, its looking great :D
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Unable to buy Mansion thats on sale - offer price stuck at 793,157

Post by David »

How much personal cash do you have in the game? You can see it from the Persons screen on the Information Center.
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Ah, i see, i would bet it's that amount - sorry for wasting your time and thanks for your very prompt reply. I didn't realise that the Mansion would be a personally purchased asset rather than company purchased, although its is obvious now you point it out and the dialog does hint at that given the seller is a person rather than a company. Thanks again :D

While i have your attention i'll point out a minor ui glitch i've noticed - With the Info panel open click Products, then click the image of a product to open the product details as a new panel next to the main Info panel, now click the "Search Product (Tab)" button. The search dialog that opens will have some positioning issues with the listbox and buttons using the wrong panel in their offsets. I've seen this at 1920x1080 but it may affect other resolutions too.
WindowIssue.png
WindowIssue.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2398 times
Also, as a bit of feedback, it would be helpful to have a button on the Product Details panel that goes to the Manufacturer's Guide entry for that Product so you can quickly see whats needed to make it without having scroll through to find the item again in the Manufacturer's Guide. Additionally, the new music is great but its a bit jarring the way it transitions between tracks, perhaps consider a fade out / fade in to smooth the transitions.

Finally, many thanks for your continued efforts on this gem of a game. It's great to see how active and responsive you are - i wish you and the game every success
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

ste234 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:46 pm While i have your attention i'll point out a minor ui glitch i've noticed - With the Info panel open click Products, then click the image of a product to open the product details as a new panel next to the main Info panel, now click the "Search Product (Tab)" button. The search dialog that opens will have some positioning issues with the listbox and buttons using the wrong panel in their offsets. I've seen this at 1920x1080 but it may affect other resolutions too.

Also, as a bit of feedback, it would be helpful to have a button on the Product Details panel that goes to the Manufacturer's Guide entry for that Product so you can quickly see whats needed to make it without having scroll through to find the item again in the Manufacturer's Guide. Additionally, the new music is great but its a bit jarring the way it transitions between tracks, perhaps consider a fade out / fade in to smooth the transitions.

Finally, many thanks for your continued efforts on this gem of a game. It's great to see how active and responsive you are - i wish you and the game every success
Please download the new patch v9.1.27 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210

The bug you mentioned above has been fixed. We also also improved the Manufacturer's Guide entry and the music transition as you suggested above in this patch.
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Thats excellent, many thanks! I'll look forward to trying out the changes :D