Mouse pointer acceleration

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab

Would you like the mouse pointer acceleration disabled?

You may select 1 option

View results

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Mouse pointer acceleration

Post by David »

City Builder wrote:with regards to mouse sensitivity adjustment...

It seems that while the sensitivity slider does work, on the full left position my mouse is super slow, all the way to the right position and it's unbearably fast, somewhere in the middle seems about right *except* that there seems to be some strange mouse pointer acceleration going on.

I can find a position that makes it comfortable to use the mouse and it makes it feel more like it does in windows but the more that I move the mouse the faster it starts to move, it's like turning up the pointer acceleration options in the mouse control panel for Windows. So I start to move the mouse and it's okay, but then all of a sudden it starts moving much faster which of course makes it very imprecise.
In response to the above post, we are doing a poll on mouse pointer acceleration.
Dordanov
Level 2 user

Re: Mouse pointer acceleration

Post by Dordanov »

Yes, please disable it, or at least make it optional. I find mouse pointer accelleration the most annoying mouse feature there is, and it's the first thing I disable on computers that have it enabled.
A computer cannot decide what you want to point your mouse at unless it can read your mind. Since we are not inside the Matrix (or are we?) the computer will never know what your intent is.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Will disable it in the next patch.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

David wrote:Will disable it in the next patch.
Awesome to hear, it should be a whole lot easier to control my mouse from flying off to the edge of the screen with the pointer acceleration disabled while you have now added the mouse sensitivity slider to the game. Kudos to you all at Enlight.