How to print more money than the total combined value of all opponents in the entire period of the game, within one day

Spoiler alert: this forum contains cheating methods.
Viktorian

How to print more money than the total combined value of all opponents in the entire period of the game, within one day

Post by Viktorian »

I bought the Banking DLC a few days ago and although it still has problems, bugs and unbalancings, firstly it's quite fun, secondly it makes Capitalism Lab seem more and more realistic and smooth, and thirdly it solves one of the bigger problems or exploits from previous versions by replacing the central banks with commercial banks.

Another good innovation is that subsidiaries are now merged with the direct parent company instead of the top parent company. This makes it a little bit harder to move money (but just a little harder, as I will show later).

Now to my actual topic:

I use several exploits in combination, with which one can "create" 500 - 700 billion within one ingame day and within two days theoretically only limited by the size of the data unit amounts of money.

The maximum, 500 - 700 billion (within one day) can only be reached if you have 3 subsidiaries and the maximum of starting capital. In two or more days you can create a few hundred billions even with the least amount, but I am currently only referring to the period of one day.

Within one day

(0. merge with the start subsidiaries)
1. create a subsidiary and move all the money in (Since everything will be done within one tick or day, you can also go into the red with the main company, since only on the following tick would an action be necessary regarding bankruptcy)
2. run the game until the next day, January 2nd
Leave paused
3. create a subsidiary of the subsidiary and move all the money in (even tho it doesn't matter, you can theoretically leave it in subsidiary 1)
4. now issue as many shares as possible from subsidiary 2 to the parent company (subsidiary 1)
5. now go IPO with subsidiary 2
6. sell all shares of subsidiary 2 held by subsidiary 1 and buy up to 75% through the parent company and subsequently merge (Due to the fact that we have previously moved all money from the main parent company, you can now take up a bond, which you can later buy up again after the merger is complete)
7. let subsidiary one and two go bankrupt

Within two days:

(0. merge with the start subsidiaries)
1. create as many subsidiaries as you want (the more you create, the more money you have in the end) and move the money to the last
2. run the game until the next day, January 2nd
Leave paused
3. take as many bonds as possible with all subsidiaries, regardless of maturity and move all the money to the last subsidiary
4. run the game until the next day, January 3rd
Leave paused
5. create a new subsidiary of the last subsidiary and move all the money in
6. now issue as many shares as possible to the parent company of the now last subsidiary
5. now go with the last subsidiary IPO
6. sell all shares from the parent company of the last subsidiary and buy up to 75% through the main parent company and then merge (Due to the fact that we have previously moved all money from the main parent company, you can now take up a bond, which you can later buy up again after the merger is complete)
7. let all subsidiaries go bankrupt

Now you might think, wait a second, what exactly have we taken advantage of now and where does all the alleged money come from?

Exploits exploited:
1. bankruptcies of subsidiaries have absolutely no effect on parent companies.
One possible solution:
If a subsidiary goes bankrupt, the parent company must either rescue it or be responsible for the outstanding debts, but in any case it should be held accountable.
2. the value of a company is always updated a tick or day later.
This is the current workaround, that the subsidiaries can no longer be merged with the main parent company. You pause, create a subsidiary and move all the desired money in. If you go ipo now, the company will go public with the original value and not with the original plus new capital. So, theoretically, a company with a value of 25,000,000 can go public even though it has liquid assets worth 500,000,000,000.
One possible solution:
For an ipo, the market value is calculated independently of the tick (of course also displayed accordingly)

Now we come to how it is even possible to create so much money in such a short time
3. if you issue shares to a parent company, the parent company can go into the red and you can still continue to distribute.
In the balance sheet of the parent company, money is deducted, and correspondingly, money is added to the balance sheet of the subsidiary company. Now one may ask oneself, where does the money come from, if a company with minus money eagerly distributes further money?

The reason why you have to wait a day at all is because the market value of the company (in our case the subsidiary) has to be updated first. Why? In order to push up the price of the company.
Through 4. you can take advantage of that.

I have not yet tested the exploit (which is actually more of a bug) in its entirety, it will certainly work in other contexts.
4. if a company has a high stock price and then a new company is created or you reload the game and view through a company with a low stock price, the premium will remain at the value of the high stock price.

In our specific case, this means that we push up the stock price of our first subsidiary (in our one-day example it should be around 350), then create a new subsidiary that has a price of 10, but the premium remains at 350. This way we can achieve a lot with just a few shares (in concrete terms we should get close to 50 billion per issue).

I am writing this specifically in the context of the new Banking DLC to show what could be fixed and maybe done better. There were ways of making money extremely easily before, but in the course of the above, some were locked and some were opened. All in all, and as I mentioned earlier, Capitalism Lab is on a pretty good path.

There are still a few things to say, but I just don't have the time right now.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Re: How to print more money than the total combined value of all opponents in the entire period of the game, within one

Post by avengerbg »

Thats very old exploit, you dont even have to run the ngame for a single day, or sell and buy again all shares, you can directly merge with the last subsidary which holds all the money, and take all, also works without banking dlc, and works even better,m becouse you can take bilions of loans and put all that money in every subsequent subsidary, doubling your money for every subsidary you create.
Viktorian

Re: How to print more money than the total combined value of all opponents in the entire period of the game, within one

Post by Viktorian »

avengerbg wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:31 pm Thats very old exploit, you dont even have to run the ngame for a single day, or sell and buy again all shares, you can directly merge with the last subsidary which holds all the money, and take all, also works without banking dlc, and works even better,m becouse you can take bilions of loans and put all that money in every subsequent subsidary, doubling your money for every subsidary you create.
I don't think you even read my entry, let alone understood it.

As I mention in my second-to-last paragraph, I am referring in this post purely to the Banking DLC. I'm well aware that the possibility you mentioned exists (I also mention it in my first, second and penultimate paragraph), but first of all the Banking DLC abolished the central bank, meaning it's definitely not so easy to take advantage of loans anymore and secondly you can't merge the last subsidiary with the main parent company anymore, it's always merged with the immediate parent company.

The thing about the method you mentioned is that you have to run the game for a day after every loan taken (so that the company value is updated) and also this method would take some time (and also quite a few subsidiaries, for the method I mentioned two or more are sufficient), whereas with mine you can create 500 - 700 billion or theoretically infinite amounts in a few clicks and within a day or two.

Furthermore, the method I have shown is only one aspect of what I want to achieve, namely to show some exploits. The method only makes use of these in a good or optimal way. You can use them in different ways, but basically I write to get them fixed.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

If a subsidiary goes bankrupt, the parent company must either rescue it or be responsible for the outstanding debts, but in any case it should be held accountable.

why

Certainly doesn't happen that way here, each company is an entity in its own right, and there is no legal obligation for a holding company to pay a subsidiary companies debt. Indeed many holding companies own the assets of the subsidiary company, to benefit from this reason, since they can legally make a new company and just lease the assets to the new company.

This may be an exploit, but its a legal exploit that happens in the real world, so why shouldn't it exist in capitalism too ?
blueberryboy

Post by blueberryboy »

answering to an old thread but..

would you have a real world example from the modern era where this has been done and the person responsible for the transfer (and most likely the board) hasn't been sitting rest of his life in jail after that? It definately is a classic FRAUD to take a huge loan and transfer all the money to the another entity. In real life you just cant "donate" money from one company to another, the only way to transfer money from one entity to another is alternatively through equity or by giving a loan. I think disabling pure money transfer between entities would be a fix for this "bug", but there are still tons of other exploits you can do to print money, so that is not that important fix.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

This exploit can be blocked by using the script line "Anti-exploitation Game Rules=On". For details, please see https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =56&t=7758

This anti-exploitation rule is automatically enabled when playing a challenge game.