New speeches in upcoming version 10.0

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: New speeches in upcoming version 10.0

Post by rafaeltodero »

Will the new speeches be translated into Brazilian Portuguese too?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

rafaeltodero wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:00 pm Will the new speeches be translated into Brazilian Portuguese too?
Yes. If you like, I can get the Brazilian Portuguese speeches from the dev team and let you listen to the speech files first before the release of v10.0.
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

David wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:13 pm
rafaeltodero wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:00 pm Will the new speeches be translated into Brazilian Portuguese too?
Yes. If you like, I can get the Brazilian Portuguese speeches from the dev team and let you listen to the speech files first before the release of v10.0.

Perfect, I'm waiting for the audios.
David

Post by David »

rafaeltodero wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:06 pm Perfect, I'm waiting for the audios.
Please download the speech files from: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/translate/Port ... oducts.rar
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

David wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:47 am
rafaeltodero wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:06 pm Perfect, I'm waiting for the audios.
Please download the speech files from: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/translate/Port ... oducts.rar
David, it took me a while but I managed to analyze all the audios in all the folders.

Attached is the spreadsheet indicating which audios need to be redone, and I am sending the correct phrases to generate the respective audios.

As soon as the audios are ready, if you want to send me the ones that were redone, I will check whether they are correct.
Attachments
CORRECT SENTENCE - Brazilian Portuguese.rar
(8.32 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
These users thanked the author rafaeltodero for the post:
David
David

Post by David »

Note that version 10.0 does not include speeches for software products. We plan to add speeches for software products in version 10.1.
These users thanked the author David for the post:
rafaeltodero
David

Post by David »

rafaeltodero wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:24 am David, it took me a while but I managed to analyze all the audios in all the folders.

Attached is the spreadsheet indicating which audios need to be redone, and I am sending the correct phrases to generate the respective audios.

As soon as the audios are ready, if you want to send me the ones that were redone, I will check whether they are correct.
Thanks for checking the speeches.

Attached please find the text file which the is used for generating the speeches. It was extracted from the game translation text files.

Since the process is automated, the dev team told me that it is best that we identify what cause the problem and address the problems at the root cause rather than fixing individual ones manually. Because we may use the same product name list to other speeches in the future and the same problem may happen again if we don't fix the root cause.

I looked some of ones marked in your spreadsheet:

In the text file:
Cookies|
Biscoitos|

your spreadsheet:
Biscoito

Does the original speech say Biscoitos? Would you please let me know what the speech file say?

---------------------

Another:

In the text file:
Eggs|
Ovos|

your spreadsheet:
Ovo

Would you please also let me know what the speech file say?

Thank you
Attachments
Portuguese_item_list.rar
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

David wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:53 am
rafaeltodero wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:24 am David, it took me a while but I managed to analyze all the audios in all the folders.

Thanks for checking the speeches.

Attached please find the text file which the is used for generating the speeches. It was extracted from the game translation text files.

Since the process is automated, the dev team told me that it is best that we identify what cause the problem and address the problems at the root cause rather than fixing individual ones manually. Because we may use the same product name list to other speeches in the future and the same problem may happen again if we don't fix the root cause.

I looked some of ones marked in your spreadsheet:

In the text file:
Cookies|
Biscoitos|

your spreadsheet:
Biscoito

Does the original speech say Biscoitos? Would you please let me know what the speech file say?

---------------------

Another:

In the text file:
Eggs|
Ovos|

your spreadsheet:
Ovo

Would you please also let me know what the speech file say?

Thank you

Sorry for the delay, I took the time to listen to each audio again and write an explanation.

I am returning a spreadsheet with the explanation of each audio

Some problems that occurred mainly in the audios in the “invenção” folder. Some words were in the plural. As you can see below Eggs, the correct term would just be egg, as the pronunciation of the “invention” folder would not be very correct to the ears.

In the text file:
Eggs|
Ovos|

your spreadsheet:
Ovo

In some cases, the pronunciation was correct only in the audio files in the "invention" folder, and the same word in the "is_market_leader" and "lost_market_leader" folders came out differently for some reason.

I don't know how you generate this audio. Perhaps the problem was that you asked the system to translate the word and generate the audio of this translation from English to Brazilian Portuguese. In this case, the system you use may have translated it wrong.

It also happened that in the spreadsheet the term was translated with an abbreviation to fit into a game screen that did not fit into the full translation.
Therefore, when the translation is generated, it is not appropriate.

These were some of the problems.

But if you generate the sentences with the adjustments I made that are in the spreadsheet, I think it will be perfect.

I made the corrections to the words that were in the plural in the Google Drive spreadsheet so that there would be no more problems in the future.
Attachments
CORRECT SENTENCE - Brazilian Portuguese.rar
(10.11 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
These users thanked the author rafaeltodero for the post:
David