Post Release Beta - A few issues

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post Release Beta - A few issues

Post by Stylesjl »

I have started up the new Post Release Beta (10.0.0.2) and found a few issues:

1) The Civic/Sports buildings are available for both the Corporation and the City in the City Simulation DLC:
CivicSportBuildings.png
CivicSportBuildings.png (125.53 KiB) Viewed 264 times
CivicSportBuildings2.png
CivicSportBuildings2.png (161.04 KiB) Viewed 264 times
2) Click on a Retail Store - it doesn't make the normal retail store sounds (the cash register sound).

3) Only one screen resolution is available:
ScreenResolution.png
ScreenResolution.png (36.23 KiB) Viewed 264 times
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Post Release Beta - A few issues

Post by cantdownloadit »

I was assuming it was so corporations could donate a building to the city or some such, especially with the new HQ unit - Community Engagement Department

Not sure if it can be exploited, seems to be no limit of how many I can build. - and since the company I used is just a holding company with no income, they don't have to pay anything even if they set the slider to contribute.
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (292.76 KiB) Viewed 258 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Stylesjl wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:11 pm 2) Click on a Retail Store - it doesn't make the normal retail store sounds (the cash register sound).
The dev team told me that they removed the cash register sound because the user feedback about it hasn't been positive. What's your opinion about the cash register sound? Do you think it is too repetitive? Any suggestion for a better sound for retail stores?
Stylesjl wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:11 pm 3) Only one screen resolution is available:
ScreenResolution.png
Please see this new article: viewtopic.php?t=9493
You can see the section "Why there is only one screen resolution for borderless windowed mode?" at the bottom of the article.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:18 am
The dev team told me that they removed the cash register sound because the user feedback about it hasn't been positive. What's your opinion about the cash register sound? Do you think it is too repetitive? Any suggestion for a better sound for retail stores?
I dont mind it that much i normally have the music quiet or off and the sound fairly low too - a cash register sound is a the most likely sound - though as cash becomes rarer who knows, but because i have it quiet i hadnt even really noticed it wasnt there any more.

maybe in future the option to mod sound effects can be done the same way as music, just name your preferred audio the shop.mp3 or whatever and you get the sound you want.
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

David wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:18 am
Stylesjl wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:11 pm 2) Click on a Retail Store - it doesn't make the normal retail store sounds (the cash register sound).
Stylesjl wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:11 pm 3) Only one screen resolution is available:
ScreenResolution.png
Please see this new article: viewtopic.php?t=9493
You can see the section "Why there is only one screen resolution for borderless windowed mode?" at the bottom of the article.
I don't have any issue with the removal of the cash register sound, it is a bit of a jarring sound compared to many of the other sounds in the game. I just didn't realise that the removal was intentional.

The screen resolution one was interesting. Since I run Borderless Window mode over a two screen setup it only provides one option.
At least according to this: https://www.capitalismlab.com/display-scaling/

Seems reasonable, I have some issues with other games trying to change my screen resolution.