Bugs probably

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Bugs probably

Post by Stylesjl »

These earlier levels I think should be easy so that new players can be somewhat gently introduced to the new mechanics of how to manage a city. If experienced players want a challenge they can use this:
HarderDifficulty.png
HarderDifficulty.png (227.54 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Which by the way does NOT change any of the CES difficulty settings, you still have the same city cash, public expenses, donations to rival political parties, etc.
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Bugs probably

Post by Stylesjl »

So I just gave this a test again. Tried the first level and didn't succeed as trying to grow the second city (Busan) was proving too difficult. But I came somewhat close to victory. It looks like I have improved from last time.

The main issues were:

- Struggled to get elected as I had to donate substantial amounts of money (tens of millions) to fend off rivals, which drained my corporate budget. And I had to repeat this for every election due to the Rival Donations rule.
- Balancing the budget of both cities was tricky as I had to raise taxes or starve public services. Maybe better to lower public expenses a bit.
- Number of competitors I think was enough - more would make it easier to grow the city but would also make it harder to make money so probably best to leave this as is.

This is just for the first level which I think should be easier on newer players to introduce them gently to the city simulator.