AI Person count stuck at a minimum of 30

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

AI Person count stuck at a minimum of 30

Post by Stylesjl »

No matter what I set I can't get the AI person count under 30.
Minimum30.png
Minimum30.png (166.28 KiB) Viewed 155 times
This is despite having a script which sets this below 30 and having no competitors.

According to the script rules:
https://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/s ... vironment/
Number of AI Persons=<number of competitors+8 to 120>
This is the total number of AI persons in a game. You may customize it using the above line, allowing you to create a game with more persons than a standard game. Please note that the game requires the number of AI persons to be at least equal to the number of competitors + 8. If you set it lower than this value, the game will automatically reset it to the minimum allowed value.
I would have thought the minimum would be 8 or 9 persons in this case.

----
[HEADER]
Title=AI persons
Description=Cannt be below 30
Reset All Settings=Yes

[ENVIRONMENT]
Number of AI Persons=0

[COMPETITORS]
Number of Competitors=0

[DIGITAL AGE DLC]
Disable AI Digital Companies=Yes

[Banking and Finance DLC]
Venture Capitalists=0
Realistic Money Supply=No
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: AI Person count stuck at a minimum of 30

Post by cantdownloadit »

i would imagine there is a minimum the game has to have though - it needs up to 15 to be mayor, it needs X amount for each political party including the one you create.. and other things
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:22 pm i would imagine there is a minimum the game has to have though - it needs up to 15 to be mayor, it needs X amount for each political party including the one you create.. and other things
That might be the case, yes. But if so then can we make sure the website is updated to reflect that? It appears that Competitors + 8 rule is incorrect for small values (it is valid if it is 50 competitors + 8 for example).

Another observation - if you change that script to have 50 competitors but 0 persons - you also get 30 persons (and of course you get less than 50 companies because there are not enough persons).

So it looks like 30 is the absolute minimum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The webpage has been updated: https://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/s ... vironment/

Number of AI Persons=<number of competitors+8 to 120>
This is the total number of AI persons in a game. You may customize it using the above line, allowing you to create a game with more persons than a standard game. Please note that the game requires the number of AI persons to be at least equal to the number of competitors + 8 or 30 (whichever is greater). If you set it lower than this value, the game will automatically reset it to the minimum allowed value.