(MOD) REALWORLD 13 for all DLC

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 13 for all DLC

Post by cantdownloadit »

boycapitalism wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:54 pm i realized that for a lot of these new high quality portraits, real life portraits to CEO bosses have been sacrificed for this. Is there a version where there arent as many high quality portraits so I can get back my bill gates real photo?
I havent had time to try it yet, but yes, removal of a "real world" aspect of the "real world" mod doesnt seem to make much sense to me.
Djohaal

Post by Djohaal »

First of all I really like this mod, however I've encountered some balance issues with it, I'm not sure if I'm setting up my game wrong or what, but it seems economically its much easier to turn a profit in this mod than in the base game. Also the city economic cycles don't seem to happen, they are always stuck at a perpetual booming state.
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

Djohaal wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:38 am First of all I really like this mod, however I've encountered some balance issues with it, I'm not sure if I'm setting up my game wrong or what, but it seems economically its much easier to turn a profit in this mod than in the base game. Also the city economic cycles don't seem to happen, they are always stuck at a perpetual booming state.
It is indeed easier. A few observations:

Consumption GDP is much, much higher as a proportion of overall GDP due to all of the varieties of products. So it is not surprising this has huge knock on effects on the economy that makes it boom for a very long time.
Because there are so many products the competition is spread thinner - 50 companies spread over a greater variety products means less competition in each product.
I think those were some of the biggest things that unbalance everything.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Djohaal wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:38 am First of all I really like this mod, however I've encountered some balance issues with it, I'm not sure if I'm setting up my game wrong or what, but it seems economically its much easier to turn a profit in this mod than in the base game. Also the city economic cycles don't seem to happen, they are always stuck at a perpetual booming state.
I would recommend you use the option to disable product classes with the mod.
Djohaal

Post by Djohaal »

cantdownloadit wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:44 pm
I would recommend you use the option to disable product classes with the mod.
That kinda beats the point of a extra content and classes mod no?
Stylesjl wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:07 am
It is indeed easier. A few observations:

Consumption GDP is much, much higher as a proportion of overall GDP due to all of the varieties of products. So it is not surprising this has huge knock on effects on the economy that makes it boom for a very long time.
Because there are so many products the competition is spread thinner - 50 companies spread over a greater variety products means less competition in each product.
I think those were some of the biggest things that unbalance everything.
For the consumption GDP I guess we'd need access to a simulation modifier to pad it according to the total size of potential markets. Still i'm under the impression the baseline profit margins in most goods are way more generous.