Start-Up Password block

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
azuzelych
Level 2 user

Start-Up Password block

Post by azuzelych »

Hi,

after thinking awhile about "to buy or not to buy" I've decided to buy the game, DRM or not :lol:
Well...seems it's been a too early a decision, seems the game still has bugs to be fixed and we are all beta-testers.

To the point:
I grabbed my XP computer, downloaded the installer and clicked "Install".

I have been pretty much surprised by not having the option of where to install the game - it is simply installed in the docs&settings. (How about the option is offered? I really never ever install any gaming software on C:\ and would appreciate to stay it that way ).
Then I was offered to run the game and, well...
startup blank.JPG
startup blank.JPG (201.87 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
...I could not type in my password, neither clicking on the pass line nor trying to get to it via keyboard helped.
I found a meta-fix, however - the start-up allowed to input the password for ca.3 seconds, so I typed it in Notepad, ctrl+V'ed it and pressed Enter.

What might be the reason behind this weird way of logging in?

Of course, I also met the problem of a black screen during the start-up in XP, but FULLSCR.SYS crutch worked. I must note that this problem did not occur under Win 7.

(PROPOSITION HERE - what if the crutch is added to the next fix by default at last?)

DxDiag attached in a ZIP file.
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(9.06 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Start-Up Password block

Post by David »

Could you let me know which version of Windows OS you are using?
David

Post by David »

Of course, I also met the problem of a black screen during the start-up in XP, but FULLSCR.SYS crutch worked. I must note that this problem did not occur under Win 7.
We have just released v2.0.01 for the release version which attempts to fix this problem. You may download the patch from and see if it works for you: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 1193#p5367
azuzelych
Level 2 user

Post by azuzelych »

David wrote:Could you let me know which version of Windows OS you are using?

David,

in the DxDiag.zip.
David

Post by David »

azuzelych wrote:

David,

in the DxDiag.zip.
So you are using Windows XP? The screenshot looks like another version of Windows OS, so just wanted to ask and make sure you are using Windows XP Professional.
azuzelych
Level 2 user

Post by azuzelych »

David wrote: So you are using Windows XP? The screenshot looks like another version of Windows OS, so just wanted to ask and make sure you are using Windows XP Professional.
David,

precisely, it is WinXP. I also must note I have not experienced this kind of a problem under Win7. Perhaps the starter could have been adjusted in some way?
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

David wrote:
azuzelych wrote:

David,

in the DxDiag.zip.
So you are using Windows XP? The screenshot looks like another version of Windows OS, so just wanted to ask and make sure you are using Windows XP Professional.
Looks like XP but with classic profile.