Is there going to be a Capitalism 3

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
TOMMYJ

Is there going to be a Capitalism 3

Post by TOMMYJ »

I love Capitalism 2 have been playing it for years just wondering is there going to be a Capitalism 3
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Is there going to be a Capitalism 3

Post by David »

We are inclined to improve Capitalism 2 by adding new features and polishing existing gameplay rather than making a complete overhaul.

In other words, the game will remain in 2D and the graphically it will only have marginal improvements. Would you guys want a 3D version of Capitalism ? The feedback we have got from users is that graphics do not matter for a game like Capitalism 2. It is the gameplay and content that count. What do you think?

David
Enlight
asiansalsero

Post by asiansalsero »

David,

I agree about the 3d versus 2d concept. It makes no difference to me what buildings or people look like. I am concerned about real-time market conditions, product offering, and intuitive gameplay.

Having said that, will there be any updates any time soon?
David

Post by David »

We have just created a new forum "Capitalism II Add-on" and the first post reveals some new game ideas that we have been experimenting with. You may take a look at it and let us know your thoughts.

David
Enlight
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

David wrote:In other words, the game will remain in 2D and the graphically it will only have marginal improvements. Would you guys want a 3D version of Capitalism ? The feedback we have got from users is that graphics do not matter for a game like Capitalism 2. It is the gameplay and content that count. What do you think?

David
Enlight
I think if you're going to do it, then do it right and give the game an updated look and ensure that it runs good AND looks good on todays larger screens, and plays well with todays hardware so that weirdness doesn't continue like when typing and getting multiple cccchaaaaarracteeeeeeers showing instead of just one.

That's what my mother always said as I'm sure most of your mothers said too... If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

So, while it doesn't need to be overhauled into 3D, it would be nice to see it overhauled to make it look nice on todays modern hardware even in 2D.
bijou666

Post by bijou666 »

City Builder wrote: I think if you're going to do it, then do it right and give the game an updated look and ensure that it runs good AND looks good on todays larger screens, and plays well with todays hardware so that weirdness doesn't continue like when typing and getting multiple cccchaaaaarracteeeeeeers showing instead of just one.

That's what my mother always said as I'm sure most of your mothers said too... If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

So, while it doesn't need to be overhauled into 3D, it would be nice to see it overhauled to make it look nice on todays modern hardware even in 2D.

While I wouldnt mind an updated look I simply dont think its possible. I highly doubt that they will put enough resources to completely overhaul the entire game, especially with a limitted fanbase like this, fixing the apparent bugs and adding a bit of gameplay is the first priority, and as David said, its more of an expansion pack type thing than the real Capitalism 3
David

Post by David »

bijou666 is right that the expansion pack will focus on gameplay rather than graphics and
presentations.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

I understand, Im not suggesting it goes into full on 3D, just a bit of an update to make it look better, you know... Less stretched out on todays screen resolution.

It appears you are doing that to some degree by looking at the screenshot of the mockup thingy that you are adding or thinking about adding with the way the bottom bar is not stretched all the way across the screen, but instead only takes up like half of the screen for the command bar at the bottom of the screen. Little things like this can really make the game look better overall without having to do a complete overhaul.

Or maybe my mind is just weak and getting old and that's the way it's always been, but for some reason I seem to remember that bar across the bottom of the screen used to stretch all the way across the screen and like many items on the screen look distinctly out of proportion on todays modern hardware with higher resolutions.

Don't get me wrong, I whole heartedly welcome gameplay updates more than anything else, well that and bug fixes. it just wouldn't hurt to make the presentation a bit better for todays hardware.

But whatever, you're part of the publishers/developers and I'm sure that your information from users will pan out for you. I welcome the 'expansion' as Cap II used to be one of my favorite games to play and I still revisit it from time to time when I'm feeling in that financial gaming type of mood.
Solo Wing Pixy

Post by Solo Wing Pixy »

Hi,
First Post...... Thanks :) for the welcomes....

I was wondering if there was a editor file or if any one knew of a way to edit the game... like change the products or what you can manufacture.... im in the aviaiton industry (Aeronautical Engineer :D and Pilot 8-) but hey.... im neva home and i have free time in the hotel alot so play games.... lol :lol: ..... but my intrest is planes and well if possible can we edit the game some how and add the production of aircraft or any other products that we would like to see or manufacture, or release a program that can do it, even if we have to upload the graphics files for those items.... i wouldn't mind. :mrgreen:

It be great if it could be included i the expansion pack of the game.

Thanks in advance :)
businessteacher
Level 2 user

Post by businessteacher »

a very interesting idea, i for one would be interested in this from an educational point of view.