New script feature - customizing AI competitor's expertise

Discussions about scenario games and user-defined scripts.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

New script feature - customizing AI competitor's expertise

Post by David »

AI Product Expertise=<Expertise Product Class>, <Number of AI competitors>

Use this statement to assign a specified type of expertise to AI competitors.
<Expertise Product Class> is the expertise product class. For example, “apparel”
<Number of AI competitors> is the number of AI competitors possessing this type of expertise.

Example:
AI Product Expertise=Apparel, 3
With the above statement, there will be 3 AI competitors possessing expertise in Apparel in the beginning of the game, resulting in more intense competition in the apparel industry.

Please note that this only applies to AI competitors with a diversified business strategy. (e.g. retail focused companies and companies with other focuses are not affected.)
ceomoses
Level 2 user

Re: New script feature - customizing AI competitor's experti

Post by ceomoses »

Excellent feature! I would like to implement this in my scripts. Is it possible to have multiples of these statements in a single script and have all of them be in effect?

For example, if I want 3 AI competitors to be in apparel, but I also want 2 other AIs to compete in leather goods, is that possible?

Example:
AI Product Expertise=Leather Goods, 2
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: New script feature - customizing AI competitor's experti

Post by David »

ceomoses wrote:Excellent feature! I would like to implement this in my scripts. Is it possible to have multiples of these statements in a single script and have all of them be in effect?

For example, if I want 3 AI competitors to be in apparel, but I also want 2 other AIs to compete in leather goods, is that possible?

Example:
AI Product Expertise=Leather Goods, 2
Yes, you can. But make sure that you have a sufficient number of diversified AI competitors by defining "Diversified Companies=<number>" in your script.

Example:

Diversified Companies=10

AI Product Expertise=Apparel,2
AI Product Expertise=Jewelry,2
AI Product Expertise=Computer,2