City policies and tax rates that can be set by a mayor

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

City policies and tax rates that can be set by a mayor

Post by David »

The following screenshots show the city policies and tax rates that can be set by a mayor.
Attachments
Tax policies.jpg
Tax policies.jpg (336.16 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
Mayor city policies.jpg
Mayor city policies.jpg (355.7 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Re: City policies and tax rates that can be set by a mayor

Post by bundyaxl »

There should be options for import taxes, free trade deals and some kind of cost of living/minimum wage system.

The import taxes would encourage companies to build manufacturing in cities improving the local economy forcing the player to weigh the options and costs of producing products in different places. The choice of importing or building local would be much more important.

Minimum wage would be a major factor for where to build, build manual labor or automated type manufacturing (when that gets implemented, another of my suggestions somewhere here, I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of it). The wages could also affect the quality and productivity of facilities and also forcing the player to pay higher wages/benefits to employees in cases of worker shortages.

Implement tiers for workers, unskilled,skilled,management,scientist/engineer,executive. Maybe one for education and healthcare workers.
The company can set the wages and benefits for each tier. The wages can work similar to apartment/commercial rent, can be set to a number or % of market wage.

The wages and benefits costs will be based on the minimum wage, cost of living, and cost of healthcare.
This can also introduce the idea of insurance companies maybe and this could play well with random events already in the game.
Keither
Level 3 user

Re: City policies and tax rates that can be set by a mayor

Post by Keither »

I think mayor has too much power for one person. Mayor can propose and initiate new policies and projects, but the voters or a group such as city council will ultimately decide on the initiative. I would love to see something like large spending on infrastructure project initiative being voted on by citizens or city council. Mayor can also be fired by City Council if the City is running in huge deficit. Make it challenging for player!