Poll Would you want Playable banks if it was possible?

Suggestions that have been implemented were moved to the this subforum.

Would you want Playable banks if it was possible?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Be able to own a bank?
29%
Have individual banks with different interest rates?
19%
Be able to own and run an investment bank?
38%
Leave it as it is?
14%
Remove banks all together?
No votes
Have a central bank that lends money only?
No votes

Total votes: 21

sellside

Re: Poll Would you want Playable banks if it was possible?

Post by sellside »

I was thinking that IB's are missing from this game.It would be really a big improvement if this option would be added to the game.
vek_60
Level 2 user

Post by vek_60 »

Nebogipfel wrote:Very good job vek.

I need some time to go to all the details, but most of your ideas do make sense.

Thanks! I spent a bit of time writing all that! I just hope David reads through it ;) Don't know if something like that would fit into the initial version of Cap Lab... Even though I think the media firm could more or less be adapted to largely cover the functions I laid out, there might be more behind the scenes programming than I'm thinking. However from things I've read on here in the past it sounds like they want to continually evolve the product, so perhaps it could make it in a future revision.

I know I would have great fun in running a bank like I laid out! As I stated it would be a very slow, long build up type industry, which is what I like. Plus it could be very capital intensive, which I find later in the game it's hard to find enough "expensive" stuff to invest in to soak up all my profit!
Bigcat
Level 2 user

Post by Bigcat »

It is a good idea. However, I want to mention a point, that companies bankrupcy occurred in mid-game is very common.

Being a bank owner, we should consider the arrangement of borroower bankrupcy. Does it only sell all belonging to market to redeem the company debts.

If the money is still not enough to pay back, who take the lost? It need us to discuss.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I was in the process of tidying up the Suggestions forum and saw this old post written back in 2012 suggesting bank features.

Delighted to see that most of the suggestions in the posts have finally been implemented in the Banking DLC. :)

I would encourage anyone who has ideas for improving the game to go ahead and post in Suggestions forum and vote for existing polls. With some patience, good suggestions will eventually receive their fair shares of attention from the dev team (once they become less busy with their tasks at hand.)