Few Usefull Suggestions

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Jaskan
Level 2 user

Few Usefull Suggestions

Post by Jaskan »

1. The overview for each player, in the menu screens. The one that shows summary of what the company has.
Number of retail stores , factories etc, this screen need to show subsidiaries also.
Subsidiaries Show their parent, but parent does not list its subs

2. Some of the Graphs aren't drawing properly, they include a downward or upward draw that is not part of the data
Example, a rising plot will have line at end that goes all the way back to touch x axis. So you think value zero unless you check the figures in some other screen.

3. Would be great to allow user Subsidiary to handle Semi Factories differently from factories selling retail products.
Example, I put so much money into semi tech I don't subsidiary to sell semi, just finished goods only.

3a. Related to 3, In the old days, AI hardly ever had profitable retail store without player intervention, no longer the case many updates ago, but I think that old place is where AI still is with SEMI factories, they hardly ever set profitable price, so I always set semi factories to internal sale, the cost of this is added micromanage of internal sale.

3b) Same goes fore mines etc but property is ok

4.Just tried unlimited mine option for first time, never gona play without it.
However maybe a more realistic solution would be better that gets you a new mine when old one finished
and keeps all clients etc. Maybe you just put some cash somewhere and set Auto. When mine equals zero, move to another mine OR [if no new mine] = I could do with some ideas.

but that's your problem not mine. :D

[Slider To Control Subsidiary or CEO etc Expansion Rate]
5. This is Huge for Me. An option in CEO etc controls to set what rate you would like he/she to expand.
gave new subsidiary huge pile of cash and 8rd buildings, she just sat there doing RD without building factory even when her tech was highest in the game for a few products. I put up 1 factory for her, and BOOM she took off building all over the map, thought I would have liked that at the start.

A slider will be best. If the AI has cash, and Slider is max, AI should be Expanding like wild fire

6. AI personality profile that lends to more behaviour predictability of AI in my staff.
personally I have not found the personality profile info useful, but its a great idea that if improved could really help Subsidiary DLC. I think there is more info, less or maybe just more useful info required in that field to make it really useful

[Warehouse- Multiple suppliers of same product, All Sold at one output]
7. I often map Semi or mine products from various suppliers into one warehouse that has only one output to sell all the inputs. I would expect the warehouse to average the price for all inputs, instead the price keeps fluctuating and not settable, just defaults to auto using a small profit margin or on occasion small loss.

If all inputs are from same company but different mines, no problem.
If various suppliers, the warehouse cant seem to handle mapping all to one output and allow user to set single output price for all inputs.

[Default Auto Link Supplier Option For CEO etc]

8. Given the way I use warehouse, always had to handle it myself and not give AI. I use warehouse for mine /farm produce only.

Problem is, when mine empty, my CEO in charge of warehouse tries to link produce from another warehouse of mine, problem is the warehouses work in chains, and that's the warehouse its supposed to be feeding. So the whole chain gets messed up.

Option to notify you like with the red icon, when CEO sees warehouse input source is dead, instead of just linking anywhere.
Don't have this problem with AI running factories cause, once my warehouse system is setup, the feed never goes down, that's due to the way I setup warehouses in chain (from mines 1->1>1> to factories ) .

Please Please Please, Need Separate notification for RD complete update, it really gets in the way of dealing with the more important supply chain notifications. So you have to clear dozens of RD notifications before getting to the supply chain issue that got your attention. Separate notifications would be Bliss.

The DLC Rocks!!!

I must warn you, The more you improve it............... fill blank space .....you gona have to make..............