Stock Market Help - Different Types - Please Help

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
greglavalleye
Level 2 user

Stock Market Help - Different Types - Please Help

Post by greglavalleye »

On the top menu for the stock market there is consumer, media, investment, and some others. What exactly are those different categories? How can one start an investment in there? For example real estate is a option I have apartments and commercial buildings does that mean I can start stock with that, or with TV stations with media? What exactly do I do and how do I start an investment in one of those categories?
Please let me know.
Regards,
Greg
anjali
Level 4 user

Re: Stock Market Help - Different Types - Please Help

Post by anjali »

stock market is stock market and has nothing to do with what you build ingame with your own company.
all the companies you see on the stockmarket are public enlisted at the stock exchange and you can buy shares of them for different reasons:

1. you wanna gamble on the stock market to buy low, sell high
2. you want a potion of their profits on an anual basis, in this case you would look out for shares of companies which do pay a dividend
3. you want to aquire a company which fits to your company strategies and you wish to take it over and merge into yors, in this case you gonna have to aquire 75% of all outstanding shares.

some of the companies are specialized i.e. in real estate, stock investment or just retail, means they do nothing else then this kind of business, like a stock focused company wont have any shops, factories, farms nor real estate property,they only will buy and sell stock to make a profit. those companies will be listed under the "stock focused" tab on the stock market, while companies that are purely retailers, with other words only gonna have shops to sell goods someone else produced, will be enlisted under the "retail" tab. this break down of the stockmarket was done to give a better overview of the stockmarket i guess.
your own company mostlikely will always be diversified unless you hire a ceo, other then yourself, to run the company for you and give him only permission to expand in lets say real estate, and the company must not own anything else then real estate and retailshops, then your company should be listed under "real estate" tab.

this break down of the different companies into its company strategy on the stock market also gives you a good overview, what kind of return you can expect.
while a real estate company will have a constant growth, its share price will certainly fluctuate and always be around its equity or below, its a long term investment to see a good profit.
on the other hand, investing in a stock focused or tech focused company is rollercoaster investment. hence price of shares can go up and down like a rollercoaster. it can bring insane profits or in the case of tech companies even total loss.
and to "start" an investment in those companies is like in real life, just buy their shares.