Awaiting for the city economic simulation DLC enabled game!

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Tusharsaboo302
Level 2 user

Awaiting for the city economic simulation DLC enabled game!

Post by Tusharsaboo302 »

when can we expect to play city economic simulation DLC enabled game!!
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Awaiting for the city economic simulation DLC enabled g

Post by WilliamMGary »

it's currently in a closed beta, once it's ready for a more wider release there will be an open beta.

Let me ask you this:
Are you looking forward to this so that you can manage city economics and build a city from nothing to a large metro?
Or
Are you looking forward to this so that you have greater control of a city your company has operations in?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We have just released v4.0.05 for the closed-beta.

William, you may give this new version a try as it has a new option called "Developed City" on the new game setting menu that it allows you to start with a developed city that has a population of around 500K.
Attachments
v4005.jpg
v4005.jpg (96.01 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
Tusharsaboo302
Level 2 user

Post by Tusharsaboo302 »

I am looking forward to this so that I can manage city economics and build a city from scratch nothing to a large metro!!I believe it will take capitalism lab game all together to another realistic level of great business Game, wherein you can build factory, retail stores,mines,real estate etc,keeping in mind government involvement.

Yes I know it's currently in a closed beta,But as you had mentioned when its closed beta version was released to selected people, and in the next coming week you had said it will be released to another group of tester, I am eagerly waiting since that time..I am also a Regular player of this game and if you could give me also the link to play the closed beta version as early as possible, it would be really appreciable&great of you :D !!!
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

David wrote:We have just released v4.0.05 for the closed-beta.

William, you may give this new version a try as it has a new option called "Developed City" on the new game setting menu that it allows you to start with a developed city that has a population of around 500K.
Nice! I'll check it out this weekend.
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

It's hard to comment without knowing more details of what the DLC will offer. But from a large macro viewpoint, I think it would be much better for the developers to use the DLC to enhance the gameplay of Capltialism labs, which is focused on businesses, product lines, and sales. Somehow the city economics have to be integrated with the main Capitalism Labs game, not a separate kind of game that is more about city building and doesn't touch or effect the main base game at all. Having natural city growth or degrowth (due to no jobs) would be a good start. Right now the game seems to compare cities and those with relatively lower quality of living will always lose population if there is room for people to move to higher quality of living cities. Making it NOT a zero-sum system is important. Each and every city should be independently considered when it comes to population growth, as long as there are jobs and goods to purchase available, population should grow. If you want to add public services as a factor, that would be a good idea too and then allow the player to control services through city government if he/she wishes or have the AI build public services when they are needed. That would be a good start to the DLC. It's important for the AI to be able to handle such things, if everything is left to the player as it is now, it would be more of a burden if he/she isn't interested in that or could be used as an exploit.

Right now, too much of the macro system depends upon the player it seems, yet inflation, unemployment and so forth aren't. No civic structures are built, or are rarely built without the player, who has to contribute money to do so. Housing is created in the form of small houses, but they don't seem to have much or any effect on the housing supply. The player and AI companies have to build apartments to effect the housing supply. I understand that the player and AI companies are supposed to be just a small part of the overall economy, so inflation and unemployment aren't effected, but if so, then a lot needs to be done by the game itself to make that more apparent with building housing and other services. The DLC could add to this system greatly by making the government AI build more apartments and structures when needed. Plus there needs to be a way to offer AI companies that buy vacant land money to buy up that land. Usually the AI decides to hold on to that land forever, making a good deal of prime land vacant and useless forever. Hopefully the DLC will address this issue as well.