Population Growth

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Population Growth

Post by eleaza »

Spac3y wrote:5 should have been 15 years , missed the 1 hehehehe.

Save Game attached :)

Ill have a tinker about, perhaps it is housing but as long as the demand index is positive then there should still be enough housing to move into.
15 years sounds about right, the fastest I've reached 500k with established industries and all is 12+ years

Which version of this save game is? It must be quite old, I can't even load it with 4.2.09.

I think the supply/demand index is an aggregated value from all the apartments, and observe closely I noticed each apartment rises its residency percentage independently with each other depends on its overall rating. Hence I believe the faster the population increases in each house will aggregate into higher population increases as a whole (hence more "immigration/population growth" per year). And since sometimes not every apartment will reach 100% residency, hence if a city is large enough, there will be some natural empty-space leftover in some of the less desirable apartments. If only keep supply/demand value very close to 0, the actual "free space" might not exist at individual apartment level.

This mostly just my theory though, I personally felt there's a noticeable difference when supply/demand index is a bit ahead, like in the range between 10 to 20 (later on probably a bit less, around 5 to 10 is enough when reaching 1 to 1.5 million). As to why this is the case, your guess is as good as mine.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Spac3y
Level 4 user

Post by Spac3y »

Its version 4.2.12 Im playing on El

Ive taken over full control over civics so Ive pretty much stuck a ton of new civic buildings down (quite a few police stations and grade schools needed, as well as the usual sports facilities.

Ill mess about with tax rates tonight as well as lowering the apartment rents to see if that helps :)
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Spac3y wrote:Its version 4.2.12 Im playing on El

Ive taken over full control over civics so Ive pretty much stuck a ton of new civic buildings down (quite a few police stations and grade schools needed, as well as the usual sports facilities.

Ill mess about with tax rates tonight as well as lowering the apartment rents to see if that helps :)
I finally able to read the save file.

And civic buildings geographical location coverage is quite poor, and way more civic buildings are needed to reach better supply/demand index if your want a better QoL rating (you just build "quite a few", really far from enough). And a lot of the city is in recessions. And most cities don't even have job openings. Forced employment using media firms will only get you so far. Start increase industry competitiveness immediately in all area, it will take like years to take effect (raise above global average), but they will provide a lot more jobs naturally, and increase the immigration rate a lot.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me