Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta version 4.4.13 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta version 4.4.03 Patch

Post by piermario »

David wrote:After testing more on the new 40 cities option, we've decided that it is actually not a good idea to have so many cities in a single game. (And the purpose of this beta version is to test experimental features like 40 cities and change it if it does not work well.)

So we will change the limit to 20 cities in the next patch 4.4.04.

If we have feedback from users are actually enjoying the game with 20 cities and the enjoyment will increase further with more cities, we will look at such users save games with 20 cities and see if it will benefit from increasing the city limit further.
David with subsidiary DLC and 4.4.04 patch, even i set in script 20 cities still start with 10 maximum. If i enable city sim DLC it start with 20 cities but population not more than 1 milion even i set 5 milion in custom script.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta version 4.4.04 Patch

Post by David »

David with subsidiary DLC and 4.4.04 patch, even i set in script 20 cities still start with 10 maximum. If i enable city sim DLC it start with 20 cities but population not more than 1 milion even i set 5 milion in custom script.
Please see this article for details:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/ultra-real ... ation.html
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

I have the same issue like the one described by piermario.
Every time I create a new game with 10 pre-selected cities, 10th city has 100x100 map. When I create a game with 20 pre-selected cities, first 9 cities on the list are large 200x200 cities and from 10th onwards they are small.

I request an ability to script a city map. For example I want to create a game with 20 100x100 cities.
Also it would be nice to have a city map for 100x100 city scaled. Now there's too much black space on a mini-map.

Also the map seed function is not working anymore. I don't see map seed on a world map in CES.
David

Post by David »

You can build a maximum of 10 large cities or 20 small cities in a game, a combination of both.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote:You can build a maximum of 10 large cities or 20 small cities in a game, a combination of both.
David, I know that I can build them. But I prefer to start a new game with pre-built cities. And I want to have control over the size of the cities within the borders that you specified.

For example I want to create a game with the following cities:
New York - Large
Paris - Large
London - Large
Moscow - Large
Sydney - Small
Warsaw - Small
Singapore - Small

In total in my example it is 7 cities, 4 large and 3 small. Currently if I create a game with 7 cities, they all are large

if I add to my script another cities (I ONLY use script, I never build cities from scratch)
Berlin - Large
Tel Aviv - Small
Cape Town - Small
Washington - Small

In total it is 11 cities and I want 5 of them to be large and 6 - small. In the game I will receive 9 cities (first 9 on my list) large and last two will be small.

If I add another 9 cities to my script that I want to be small, the game will create an environment with 20 cities. 9 will be large and other 11 will be small. But I want 5 large and 15 small and I cannot have them.

P.S. Addition. Map seed is not shown on CES world screen but it works fine. I have started a game without CES, picked up nice seed, added it to my script and it created a CES game with this seed.
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta version 4.4.05 Patch

Post by David »

After testing more on the new 20 cities option, we've decided that it is actually not a good idea to have so many cities in a single game.

So we will change the limit to 15 cities in the next patch 4.4.05. And all cities will be large cities (there are no longer any small cities.)
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

David with latest patch 4.4.05 and 15 large cities i still have last city map with black around, here's screenshot
Attachments
Cattura di schermata (62).png
Cattura di schermata (62).png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 869 times
David

Post by David »

Will fix this in the next patch v4.4.06.
Darkonphoto
Level 2 user

Post by Darkonphoto »

David wrote:Will fix this in the next patch v4.4.06.
So we don't have multiple floors now? Did not find in this version.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta version 4.4.06 Patch

Post by piermario »

David with patch v4.4.06 i can't start with more than 10 cities by script.