[MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
f350073297
Level 2 user

Re: [MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Post by f350073297 »

saffgee wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:34 am
f350073297 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:24 pm Hello Saffgee, your MOD is getting more and more popular among Capitalism Lab Chinese players. I am planning to do the localization for your MOD, so I was wondering if that would be convenient for you to provide me with the Product_Types.DBF file, or actually the first three rows of the file would be working. With all the original text of the products, the localization work would be much much much more effecient! Thanks!
Well I'm very happy to hear this and thank you :)
Do you still need something from me or was Paulwoman able to help you ? Just FYI I'm planning to release a Patreon channel soon which will allow my backers access to all my work and files, as well as immediate access to all the Betas I release along the way. Obviously the mod itself will always stay free, but for those that need mod support or can't wait between release cycles (and I know these are long sometimes) I think my Patreon site will be useful. More on this soon.
Thanks for your reply and yes, Paulwoman is always helpful :D , the localization of your MOD is almost finished. And the Patreon channel plan sounds great! We’ll be expecting for it! :D
『The Finance Road』
Caplab Chinese Player Discussion Group
FCT (Professional Chinese)
E-mail:info_fct@163.com
ClipClopBoom

Post by ClipClopBoom »

Fell in love with the complexity of this (I’m a massive supply chain fangirl, fite me :V ). Just trying to clarify a few things;

1) Is there a way to make the other semi classes import company-able without allowing consumer products too? (Diodes and stuff; still semi-products but the import company looks tied to that particular class)

2) Is there a way to see the mega classes for all the new stuff? I like to corporate brand subsidiaries but cover an entire mega with each, and there’s a buncha stuff here that looks like it might fall under existing but can’t tell (would be nice to be able to see that in the manufacturing guide too, but that’s a base game gripe anyway :/ )

saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Thanks for liking my mod - always makes it feel worthwhile :)

I made a decision a while back to sub divide the semis bucket as it was growing to quite a large number of items and was far and away the biggest group. From that was born electronic semi, food stuff semi, etc, which I think makes it all a little more accessible and manageable. However, the problem is that David and his team didn't really respect my logic when they built the import company (how dare they!) - as such the two are not necessarily aligned. I'm happy to ask him to look into a more granular approach to selecting the markets that are available in the import company, but this will depend on them being willing to make some changes.

The mega classes have been expanded for the new version that I am working on and I'm not sure what they were when I launched that version of the mod, so bear with me if some of these are not quite compatible with the current ones. The list should have simply expanded tho, so the current ones will definitely be a subset of the ones below (apologies for the formatting):
MEGACLAS,C,8 NAME,C,30
AUTOIND Automobile Industry
COMMODTY Commodities and raw materials
DEVICE Electronics and Appliances
FASHION Fashion
FOOD Food and Beverage
HEALTH Healthcare and Beauty
LEISURE Leisure & Entertainment
LUXURY Luxury Goods
MANUFACT Manufacturing Components
SOFTWARE Software
HOME Home & Lifestyle
SMOKE Tobacco
OFFICE Office & Stationary Goods
CONSTRUC Construction & Heavy Industry
SERVICE Service Industry
ENERGY Energy Goods & Services

CLASS,C,8 NAME,C,30 MEGACLASS,C,8
ALCOHOL Alcoholic Drinks FOOD
APPAREL Apparel FASHION
AUTO Automobile AUTOIND
AUTOACC Auto Accessories AUTOIND
AUTOPART Automobile Parts AUTOIND
BABY Baby Products HEALTH
BAGS Bags & Accessories FASHION
BAKERY Baked Goods & Pastries FOOD
BEVERAGE Beverage FOOD
BICYCLE Bicycles LEISURE
BODYCARE Body Care Products HEALTH
CHEMICAL Chemicals COMMODTY
CLEANING Cleaning Products HOME
COMPUTER Computer DEVICE
COND Condiments & Sauces FOOD
CONSELEC Consumer Electronics DEVICE
COSMETIC Cosmetics & Beauty FASHION
DAIRY Dairy Products FOOD
DELI Delicatessen LUXURY
DIGMEDIA Digital Media & Games LEISURE
EPARTS Electronic Parts MANUFACT
FOOD Food & Food Supplies FOOD
FOOTWEAR Footwear FASHION
FSEMI Foodstuff Semi Products MANUFACT
FURN Furniture HOME
GLASS Glass Working & Ceramics CONSTRUC
GROCERY Groceries FOOD
HARDWARE Hardware HOME
HOMEAPP Home Appliances DEVICE
HOUSE Home Accessories HOME
INDUS Industrial Materials CONSTRUC
JEWELRY Jewelry & Watches LUXURY
LEATHER Leather Goods FASHION
LICENSE Licenses & Trademarks SERVICE
LSEMI Livestock Semi-products COMMODTY
LSTOCK Livestock COMMODTY
MEAT Meat Products FOOD
PACKAGE Paper & Packaging MANUFACT
PETS Pet Products HOME
PHARMA Pharma & Healthcare HEALTH
PLANT Plant COMMODTY
PLASTIC Plastics & Polymers COMMODTY
PRESERVE Preserved Foods & Soups FOOD
PSEMI Plant Products COMMODTY
RAW Raw materials COMMODTY
SEMI Semi Products MANUFACT
SEMICON Semiconductors MANUFACT
SNACKS Snacks & Candy FOOD
SOFTWARE Software SOFTWARE
SPORT Sports & Outdoors LEISURE
STATION Stationary & Office OFFICE
STEEL Steel & Metalworking CONSTRUC
TEXTMAT Textiles & Materials MANUFACT
TOBACCO Tobacco Products SMOKE
TOY Toys & Entertainment LEISURE
HOTEL Hotels & Accommodation SERVICE
GASTRO Gastronomy & Bars SERVICE
BUILD Building Materials CONSTRUC
FUEL Fuels ENERGY
UTILPROD Utilities ENERGY
PRINT Print Media OFFICE

Apologies also to you and everyone else who has been waiting for an update for so long on this mod, but pls do continue to bear with me, its not a million miles off now.
Thanks !
CulCol
Level 2 user

Post by CulCol »

Hi! Thanks for this Great Mod!
Could you give us the Sources (Data) of this mod so we can edit it a little for our pleasure for playing.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Hi, this will be made available on the Patreon channel when it launches. At the same time I will drop a new lighter version of the updated Mod via the typical channels and on the forums. I can't give you an exact date, but early summer seems probable.
To my eternal shame I must confess I actually lost the original source data for the currently available mod, I have only the heavily updated version that I'm working off, so the two data sets would simply not match. As I don't want to release the new version yet, the data must also wait. Apologies.
BigPapaPengzu

Post by BigPapaPengzu »

Can we get a home-arms self defense mini industry going?

Not talking like tanks and fighter jets, just some simple self-defense weapons for the good people of our town. Maybe a couple types of shotgun for home defense, a couple hunting rifles, and a couple handguns.

I haven't booted this up in a while and I was thinking about playing going for Robert Kiyosaki's advice of the "5 G's" - Guns, Gold, Ground, Grub, and Gas.

Maybe some gas stations around, gold rings, some fast food stores, some weapons and some empty land haha.
MaxwellHart

Post by MaxwellHart »

I've only just realized that the "Compact Automobile" quality weight has 90% high-quality raw materials and only 10% high-quality finished goods. This doesn't seem right or even remotely consistent with the other cosmetic items or car items.
Also, I know this is a big ask, but is it possible to get the source files? If at all feasible, share the unpacked files with the community or quote me and attach them.
I hope this suggestion will contribute to creating capitalism plus a remake that tries to stay as faithful to the original while keeping things simple. However, there are certain areas where I'd like to add a little bit more detail without going as far as you have in your mod. I also don't intend to take your identity.
choum
Level 3 user

Post by choum »

Hello and thanks for this amazing mod.

I launched a new game today with the last builf of capitalism lab and of your mod. I think the IA has troubles with complex building chains. (I start with 100% product reinvention). No problem the AIs make the researchs for computer, tablet ,etc but never produce them even if they have billions in cash... But for easy ones like ale, champagne, frozen vegetables, and sometimes camera it's OK. Some AI produce intermediate product like chip for nothing for years and then close their factory
I ran the game for 40 years at high speed to notice this before beginning a frustrating game.
The AI publish lot of softwares and games when no computer are sold on the town, nor any OS, so no sell for them...

So i appologies, as i don't know if it's a mod issue or an engine issue, even if i think it's more the root is more the AI engine here ;)

Have you some other trick that give massive cash at the start? maybe a script parameter or someting?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

choum wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:19 pm Hello and thanks for this amazing mod.

I launched a new game today with the last builf of capitalism lab and of your mod. I think the IA has troubles with complex building chains. (I start with 100% product reinvention). No problem the AIs make the researchs for computer, tablet ,etc but never produce them even if they have billions in cash... But for easy ones like ale, champagne, frozen vegetables, and sometimes camera it's OK. Some AI produce intermediate product like chip for nothing for years and then close their factory
I ran the game for 40 years at high speed to notice this before beginning a frustrating game.
The AI publish lot of softwares and games when no computer are sold on the town, nor any OS, so no sell for them...

So i appologies, as i don't know if it's a mod issue or an engine issue, even if i think it's more the root is more the AI engine here ;)

Have you some other trick that give massive cash at the start? maybe a script parameter or someting?

Did you encounter similar AI issues with other mods or the vanilla game? If not, perhaps the Modern World is too complex for the AI to handle effectively. You can try enabling Import Companies from the Experimental DLC and it may help AI source required components to build complex products.
choum
Level 3 user

Post by choum »

Hello David,

I encountered this with some other mods (GDP for exemple). I think that the AI can't handle long assembly lines with lot of dependencies. So complex products that needs complex products are NOK. Maybe a buffer limitation or something that could be improved in the AI engine ?
Generally, i disable seaports as they break the gameplay balance.

My best regards