[MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: [MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Post by David »

choum wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:42 pm Maybe a buffer limitation or something that could be improved in the AI engine ?
What did you mean by "buffer limitation" ? Could you please explain?
choum
Level 3 user

Post by choum »

Yes i "think" that the engine can handle a maximum lenght of chain building for factories. Here for exemple to build a computer i need 25 factories to build componements, sub-componements, sub-sub-componements, etc
to summarise one :
oil=>fine chemincal=>semi conductor wafer=>CPU=>micro controler unit=>motherboard=>interior components=>base computing unit=>computer tower =>desktop computer
so it means 9 factories to build and chain, and it's only one part of the computer, and "maybe" the engine can handle 3 chain products, that means that if i supply base computing unit the AI may build computers.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

I can't say I've ever encountered the problem that they never produce the items when I'm playing - but there is a co-dependency between you competing and the products the AI produces. In other words, if I let the game run without interacting at all the AI often leaves many product areas untouched and focuses on simpler chains. I'm always amazed that 50 years in only about half the products available are being produced and that includes some super simple ones.

However, if I compete against the AI as per normal, then it always seems to be able to produce both computers and cars without any issues, these are typically the ones that have the very long product chains in my mod. Not sure why that is, but it is very noticeable that the AI is better and more aggressive when the player is active. Having said that I have not played with the latest version, so perhaps there have been changes that are now causing issues with my mod.

In terms of software, this sells just fine on the early computer, so there should be no issue there really. I do know there are some issues with more advanced OS and software sales (I've flagged this in a previous post: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7244), in that the numbers do not seem to stack up at all. Basically you can sell any number of newer computers, but those new sales do not reflect the specificities of the OS and the total of OS sold seem to only reflect the most basic computer types. I figured it wasn't a high priority fix for Enlight though as the approximation is good enough to not bother most people, and they did tinker with it, but last time I checked it still doesn't work fully as it should.
mrrb

Post by mrrb »

Hi Saffgee,

I'm trying your mod now and was fiddling around with it.

I found out that in order to produce Small car body, you need 2 of each of the manufacturing components and for the mid size you need 1 of each.
The large body is (I think) correct, in that it needs 3 of each of the manufacturing components.

Maybe something for the next update.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Thanks for playing the mod - in truth I've had very little time to make updates since I moved to Switzerland, but I am about 80% through a major one, so I guess miracles could still happen.....
In actual fact the automobile industry is fairly well balanced I feel, perhaps you missed the number on the output side. The small body needs 2 units of each to build 3 of the small body; the mid size uses 1 of each to build 1; and the large body requires 3 of each to build 2 large bodies. I did this so the balance would not only be correct in terms of relative sizing (a large body is not twice the size of a mid one for example), but also so that the costs to build each would be more or less accurately reflected. I have in fact done similar things with many of the other components in the larger more complex items ;)
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

saffgee wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:39 pm Thanks for playing the mod - in truth I've had very little time to make updates since I moved to Switzerland, but I am about 80% through a major one, so I guess miracles could still happen.....
In actual fact the automobile industry is fairly well balanced I feel, perhaps you missed the number on the output side. The small body needs 2 units of each to build 3 of the small body; the mid size uses 1 of each to build 1; and the large body requires 3 of each to build 2 large bodies. I did this so the balance would not only be correct in terms of relative sizing (a large body is not twice the size of a mid one for example), but also so that the costs to build each would be more or less accurately reflected. I have in fact done similar things with many of the other components in the larger more complex items ;)

Hello Safgee,
I think your MOD is both balanced and reflects real life challenges well.
I wanted to share with you an education made with my students from the university.
Thanks for your effort.

Merhaba Safgee,
MOD'unuzun hem dengeli hem de gerçek hayattaki zorlukları iyi yansıttığını düşünüyorum.
Üniversiteden öğrencilerimle yaptığım bir eğitimi sizlerle paylaşmak istedim.
Emeğin için teşekkürler.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-28 at 18.13.32.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-28 at 18.13.32.jpeg (147.34 KiB) Viewed 50032 times
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Thanks - its nice to know that your students are benefiting from what I/we do with these mods. One day I hope to get this large update out and then it will hopefully be even better !
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

saffgee wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:58 pm Thanks - its nice to know that your students are benefiting from what I/we do with these mods. One day I hope to get this large update out and then it will hopefully be even better !
I'm looking forward to it...
marcioaneves
Level 2 user

Post by marcioaneves »

Does it work in version 9.17?
Kvab89

Post by Kvab89 »

Hey,

I have an issue. For some reason i can't save the game. It's just disappearing and i can't see the saving in load game.
It's MODWorld v2.0 and game version 9.1.52

There's no such issues if i play other mods.

Thanks in advance!