Mega holding company strategy

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Trevormifur9

Mega holding company strategy

Post by Trevormifur9 »

So I recently got all the DLC and haven’t messed with subsidiaries yet. I decided I would try to do a playthrough as a holding company that only made money off subs.

Basically, I started with a decent amount of money and with subs I chose the best CEO and let them grow as they wanted. I opened 3 to begin with and to add a little role play, I made it like a competition where every year whoever had highest profit I would infuse more cash. After awhile I could see I had a clear winner, and when they were hitting a couple billion in profit, I had them IPO.

I continued making subsidiaries until I had 8 total.

Each one payed a 20% dividend as a “tax” to me, in which I turned around and kept making more subs. All this time I have been buying apartments in the biggest cities for income and It was at this time I also opened telecoms in 2 of the biggest cities and had a 100% monopoly, this has been my only real income the whole game.

I continued having $2bil+ profit subs Ipo’ing until the game wouldn’t let me create anymore. This is when I started world domination.

The whole game up to this point my company has had the highest market cap/lowest profit due to 80-100% ownership in these successful subs, and my stock price is like $4.

I started slowly buying up all the private companies(not owned by me) that we’re making a profit, and hired a COO to run them. My profit went from $3billion to $20bil within the year. I kept reinvesting this money and merging all my subs into my company, hostile takeovers of competitors and at this point I am a mega conglomerate of like 700 department stores, 600 factories, 400 farms, 230 apartments, 49 commercial buildings, 8 software comps, 13 internet companies, and 4 telecoms.

I’m still working on buying the last 3 of the original AI companies but at the moment my operating profit is ridiculous at $145 billion and rising, and my player character has a net worth of $200 billion top 5 richest ai combined) with all his stock ownership(100% on 2 of the last 3 originals, plus 2 other top players) which is almost 80% of my nations GDP, lmao.
analyst

Re: Mega holding company strategy

Post by analyst »

Well that's interesting. I just picked up the gamed and realized that they have "fixed" Capitalism!

I'm so excited, I loved this game when I was young but I've always missed a way of scaling up the supply chains and the whole subsidiary gameplay, and not only have they worked on those two points really well, they have also done much more on areas I didn't even realized needed some polishing up. Store floors come to mind, chain bonus are also great, etc.

For my next game I should try someting similar to what you did. I wanna try restricting the production scopes so each one does only what on it's ceo specialty, and also mess around with their supply chains, produce raw materials for them (or letting loose a subsidiary with high initial cash focused only on that). For the accumulated cash over time I'm thinking about establishing a financial/investments subsidiary and a real estate one.

All that said I can't decide if you broke/beat the game, figured out real life capitalism (what you describe is pretty much what most super rich people do to hide and invest their cash: shell companies and all that shit... set up them up, hire a good staff and move on to the next one). Also, how do you figure spinning off could work on a range/sector domination strategy? Controlling retail is essential, and warehouses seem to automatically relabel everything (which is odd, shouldn't that only happen if I set up a dedicated unit? I'm confused if this is a bug or what).

Gonna try all that soon,

Cheers!