Alt tab without pausing the game, run in the background?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
hetefei

Alt tab without pausing the game, run in the background?

Post by hetefei »

I'm a licensed user of 5.1.30 version.

One way of my favorate game play is to watch the development and stock market chart of the NPCs.

I need to do some other things, like writing, reading or watching video, at the same time of watching the game in windowed mode.

Is there any solution?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Alt tab without pausing the game, run in the background?

Post by David »

The game does not support a background running mode.
hetefei

Post by hetefei »

David wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:38 am The game does not support a background running mode.
Ok, thanks for reply :)
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

hetefei wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 am
David wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:38 am The game does not support a background running mode.
https://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-s ... s-service/
The game does not support "running as a background service" by default. But you can do this yourself.

Remember that the game is not tested this way, and that some unexpected errors can let the game crash (not windows).
If you report a bug that is related to "running as a background service", do not expect that they will do anything about this.
hetefei

Post by hetefei »

jbvisual wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:03 am
hetefei wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 am
https://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-s ... s-service/
The game does not support "running as a background service" by default. But you can do this yourself.

Remember that the game is not tested this way, and that some unexpected errors can let the game crash (not windows).
If you report a bug that is related to "running as a background service", do not expect that they will do anything about this.
Thanks, dear @jbvisual.

I've tried that tool, added CapStart.exe and later CapMain.exe to the ini file, however, it all failed.

The service couldn't run successfully in my win10, and if i started that service manually, an "Error 1067" message appeared.

Still thanks for your help:)

@David i have been enjoying playing this game as a simulator, where sometimes I applied some newly learned stock strategy or finacial theory hardly tested in the real world, as an amusement, at the same time with watching movies.

However, because the absence of the background mode, I have to use another mobile phone or pad.

If the dev team could pls add the background mode, it would be very helpful.