When Digital Age start?

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
thorstein
Level 2 user

When Digital Age start?

Post by thorstein »

I'm wondering if exist any trigger making DLC to work.

I see "Personal Computer Users" stat in cities/digital info pannel, but it seem to be not corelate to Desktops sales.

I'd like to script ban for digital companies until proper research or time stamp (i wish to make quite realistic timeline in game starting at 1950')
Way2co0l
Level 2 user

Re: When Digital Age start?

Post by Way2co0l »

I don't believe there's any current trigger as long as digital age is active at game start. Shortly after unpausing the game, the new tech based companies will be generated. You can limit the number of tech companies that will populate your world but you can't restrict them to generating at a later start point to the best of my knowledge.

I believe you can script products to unlock at a later date, so you might be able to do that with the software products, but it would have no effect on the required technologies or the internet company side of things at all. So basically it would just handicap the OS and software companies to research the prerequisite techs that they now wouldn't be able to use because the actual product types would be locked, and that's assuming that software products can be locked in the same way normal products can be. So they'd be spending money on something they can't even use, and would either run out of money or switch to a different type of company and leave no software companies remaining when the time arrives to unlock them as options.

So basically I think the answer is currently no, there's no way to effectively do that at this time. If digital age is active, they will autopopulate within the first few months of the game and I don't think that can be edited with current options.
thorstein
Level 2 user

Re: When Digital Age start?

Post by thorstein »

At survival mode Digital Age start at the same point as "gray firm import/export/sales" mechanics - min 350.000 city population.
I wonder if it is population stamp; or "PC import" stamp.

E-commerce start at 500.000 platform users of platform.