Shares/Ownership transfer

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Berbe
Level 3 user

Shares/Ownership transfer

Post by Berbe »

Do you know Wall Street Raider?
It is a stock market simulation where you play as an investor. A trial version is available if you want to try it out.
Backed by reality, there are loads of ideas to get inspired by, in order to improve Capitalism Lab stock trading, which was fine as part of Captialism II but can now appear too limited.

One of the most frustrating thing to me about Capitalism Lab stock market is the inability to move ownership around.
  1. I do not know where the so-called SEC limitation preventing you to use a company you control to buy back its shares comes from. Is this a thing or a hacky way to close loopholes?
  2. I do not know where the so-called SEC limitation preventing you to use a company you control to buy shares in an entity another entity already got shares from comes from. Is this a thing or a hacky way to close loopholes?
  3. There is no way to actually transfer shares around, from/to parent company (I suppose direct exchange in-between subsidiaries is not a thing as everything has to go through the common link: the parent company)
  4. There is no way (that I know of?) of merging 2 more-than-75%-owned subsidiaries unless having one more than 75% shares of the other. The parent company should be able to drive a subsidiary to absorb another, provided some conditions are met (maybe would it be legally mandatory to have 100% ownership over a subsidiary before being able to trigger such mechanism with it?).
williammgary1
Level 3 user

Re: Shares/Ownership transfer

Post by williammgary1 »

Berbe wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 am Do you know Wall Street Raider?
It is a stock market simulation where you play as an investor. A trial version is available if you want to try it out.
Backed by reality, there are loads of ideas to get inspired by, in order to improve Capitalism Lab stock trading, which was fine as part of Captialism II but can now appear too limited.

One of the most frustrating thing to me about Capitalism Lab stock market is the inability to move ownership around.
  1. I do not know where the so-called SEC limitation preventing you to use a company you control to buy back its shares comes from. Is this a thing or a hacky way to close loopholes?
  2. I do not know where the so-called SEC limitation preventing you to use a company you control to buy shares in an entity another entity already got shares from comes from. Is this a thing or a hacky way to close loopholes?
I'm an old timer. This thread might provide you with some insights:

http://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic. ... IMIT#p6555
Berbe
Level 3 user

Re: Shares/Ownership transfer

Post by Berbe »

From what I read (and I remember multiple talks about the stock market loopholes at the time), it seems 'hacky way to close loopholes' are confirmed ;)