Produce goods in City A and sell in City B?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
amax3002

Produce goods in City A and sell in City B?

Post by amax3002 »

Hi All!

Super noob here. Just started the game and I love it. However, is there a way to produce a good in City A and sell in City B? If so, how?

Also, how do I improve the quality of farming products? I know I can't R&D them in the lab.

Thanks!
MagnusA
Level 3 user

Re: Produce goods in City A and sell in City B?

Post by MagnusA »

Yes, it is possible to produce in one city and sell to consumers in another city. Assuming you have a factory in City A and a retail store in City B, link the purchasing unit in the retail store in City B to your product from the factory in City A. The right-most drop-down menu is a "city select" menu. Please note that the freight costs are higher between cities than locally in a city.

The quality of farm products are improved by Training at the farm firm.
amax3002

Post by amax3002 »

Thank you MagnusA!!
bdubbs
Level 3 user

Post by bdubbs »

MagnusA wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:08 pm Yes, it is possible to produce in one city and sell to consumers in another city. Assuming you have a factory in City A and a retail store in City B, link the purchasing unit in the retail store in City B to your product from the factory in City A. The right-most drop-down menu is a "city select" menu. Please note that the freight costs are higher between cities than locally in a city.

The quality of farm products are improved by Training at the farm firm.
I'd also like to note that freight costs are much lower for some products than others. Jewelry / Watches and Leather Wallets in particular are great products for manufacturing in city A and selling in city B. Gold and Silver themselves have pretty high freight costs, so the freight cost of raw materials also comes into consideration when it comes to choosing which cities to manufacture in. There's a thread around the boards somewhere where someone does that math that depending on the cities available that there's even situations where cars are more profitable to manufacture in City A and sell in City B despite their huge freight cost.