Interface Improvement Suggestions

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Interface Improvement Suggestions

Post by David »

Is there any particular interface you would like us to improve? (e.g. Product Detail Report, Firm Summary Report, etc)

If so, please let us know which interface and how you would like it to be improved.
LT3001
Level 2 user

Re: Interface Improvement Suggestions

Post by LT3001 »

Hi guys,

One suggestion would be to improve the presentation & analytics of cost & price information in the manufacturing screen, as well as the average per unit.

It would be helpful if you could split variable and fixed costs, and allow pricing to be set by specifying a given mark-up (e.g. 100%).

So you could show variable costs (both total and per unit) - say raw materials prices & freight, and allow say a 100% mark up, and show total gross profit and gross profit per unit.

Then under gross profit you could show fixed costs, and show how they average out per unit. This would illustrate economies of scale, and how as you ramp up your volume & hence contribution margin, your fixed costs per unit decline.

It would help you balance volume vs. margin strategies, and assist with price setting. I think it would significantly improve the realism of the game, as this is very similar to the cost & pricing dynamics & decisions that need to be taken by real businesses.

Cheers,
Lyall
Jespi

Post by Jespi »

I find demolishing interface very annoying, for example, when i want to destroy my 80 apartments to create fake crisis, or depleted mining facilities or anything, it's just frustrating. You gotta click the building, click demolishing menu, click destroy and sell and if you do 60-70 or even 100 building its a 15 minute job.
Previous "X" hotkey doesn't work.

And also, if one or more buildings are "hidden" amongs tall buildings ect. you have to look at statistics, find the building, click "go" click demoslishing menu etc. etc.
Wouldn't it be awesome if you could either with one hotkey demolish and sell selected building ?
Or in statisctics menu have option to "check" "uncheck" "check all" "uncheck all" boxes and then have them demolish?

In one game i was playing reeeeally bad guy, never build a thing, just played with stocks and loans and after 50 year i owned entire world...and then destroyed it to watch cities fall in chaos.
Imagine the literally 42 minutes of clicking and destroying things.
Last edited by Jespi on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by David »

I find demolishing interface very annoying, for example, when i want to destroy my 80 apartments to create fake crisis, or depleted mining facilities or anything, it's just frustrating. You gotta click the building, click demolishing menu, click destroy and sell and if you do 60-70 or even 100 building its a 15 minute job.
Previous "X" hotkey doesn't work.
Please try CTRL-X.
Jespi

Post by Jespi »

I tried it earlier, when i was looking for the answer and nothing. I tried it once again in case i owe you an apology :D And still nothing
I tried X, Ctrl X, Alt X, CTRL ALT X, left right combinations... nothing :-(

(Owned games Lab lastest version + Subsidiary + City Economic Simulation)
David

Post by David »

We have just released a new patch v5.6.26 which allows for using the CTRL-X shortcut key for closing down a firm.
You may download it from: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5471
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Land Sell! That's what has to be improved. You can literally spend hours trying to sell all excess land bought by your subs.
xzinum
Level 2 user

Post by xzinum »

megapolis wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:07 am Land Sell! That's what has to be improved. You can literally spend hours trying to sell all excess land bought by your subs.
OMG YES!
David

Post by David »

megapolis wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:07 am Land Sell! That's what has to be improved. You can literally spend hours trying to sell all excess land bought by your subs.
I've forwarded your suggestion to the dev team.
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Post by ohms_law »

On the firms screen, please add the supply and demand bars