City Builders suggestion & thoughts on CapLab topic

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
City Builder
Level 5 user

City Builders suggestion & thoughts on CapLab topic

Post by City Builder »

Hi,

I'm going to try to keep all my suggestions in just one topic so that I don't fill up the forum with suggestions (should I actually have anymore than this one).

Sept 11, 2012
Controls
1. Put in a mouse sensitivity slider, it's way too sensitive just like Cap 2 was prior to the CapLab. Unless I'm very careful, my mouse goes flying all over the screen just when using my mouse at normal speeds that I would use it in any other application or game.

GUI
1. Add 16:9 resolutions, more specifically, 1600x900
2. Add more control over choosing the goals. What I mean is that I know I can right click to make the numerical value goals go up by 100, maybe hold down the shift, or ctrl or alt key and click the + or - to change it by 1,000. Even 100 is too small when trying to set high numbers.

Gameplay
None so far, just bought it from your BMT store a few minutes ago and only the above were the "problems" that immediately stuck out to me and made me wince just like I did when I last loaded Cap 2 YEARS after it was first released and found all the problems in it with regards to things like simply trying to type in a player name and having it come up with 5 of the same letters so something like Andy would type in as AAAAAAAAAnnnnndyyyyyyyyy Fortunately with CapLab that seems to have been fixed.

More suggestions as I play.

Possible Bugs:
1. Where did my save go?
I played ever so briefly, and saved my game as 101, when I went back to try it again I tried to load the save and the game told me that I have not yet saved any games. Um, sorry to disagree but I most certainly did save.
Last edited by City Builder on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: City Builders suggestion & thoughts on CapLab topic

Post by mwyeoh »

What may have happened with you save is that the autopatch system patched your game.

Being a beta, the save games of older patches are not compatible when there is extensive code changes so they are not listed
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

Sept 12, 2012

Game play

1. Let me give my hired help raises before they need to ask for it.

2. Make it so that my hired help is not so apt to resign on me after such a short period of time. Perhaps sign them to a specific length contract and when that is up I will have to renegotiate with them to keep them on, or let them go.

3. Allow me to go into negotiations with the hired help when they are threatening to resign, as it is now, I get one shot at giving them a raise that they may stay on, but if they don't like it they just resign, make it so that I have the chance to keep offering higher amounts until *I* don't want to pay them any higher. Having them quit with only one shot at trying to pay them more to stay on, has always blown chunks. The AI needs more personality and I think this would be one little way of giving them just a touch of personality perhaps.

4. Give me one more speed setting between 0 and 1. There are times that I want the game to REALLY crawl at a snails pace and I've got so much going on in the game that it's either pause the game or have everything just keep piling up on me. But I don't want to full stop, I just want the game to crawl SUPER slow. So maybe have it so that if I press the period key (.) it will give me a game speed that is between full stop and speed 1. Kind of like a .5 speed.

Modding
1. I don't know what the situation is on modding the game, but I'd really like to be able to change some of the sounds in the game. Some of the "bells" are so annoying that I'd really like to change them out with a simple "click" type of noise. I understand that people have gotten use to the bells and other noises in the game and it's now recognizable as being from the Capitalism game, which is why I'm not suggesting to change the sounds in the vanilla game, but rather allow the players to replace sounds if they so desire.
(Maybe that is already possible, I have not looked into the files in the installation folders yet).

Update: Just checked the file folders and I see that there is the sounds for the factory and retail etc, but I can't find the sounds for warning bells. boops and beeps which is the sound(s) that I'd like to replace. Maybe there in there somewhere and I've just not seeing them.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

1. Let me name any of my businesses.
Reason: So that I know at a quick glance which building I am buying from. It may not be effective for the pro players but I often have multiple buildings producing items, or storing items or selling items. When I want to sell (let's say) a bed from Factory 1 and I've got two factories producing beds, I can not easily spot which factory is which from the Link menu.

Allowing me to rename each building I can do something simple like Factory 1, Factory 2 or Bed factory west , Bed factory east etc. Then I know which factory I am linking to for buying that item that I am manufacturing very easily.