General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

Although I still really like this game, I feel that late game, the game does lose its appeal especially when we are manually setting up 5-8 retail outlets (per city), multiple warehouses and 5-10 factories for each product line. And when we have 20-30 product lines, thats (assuming 4 cities) 20-30 retail firms, 30-40 warehouses

Monitoring and changing prices has been considerably improved with the "Apply all" options, but the setting up is a pain.

I still definitely think that work needs to go into improving this aspect of the game.
The best way is to be able to duplicate firms. This way, we can set one up and just duplicate it multiple times. (As per the suggestion I made earlier). An expansion to this would be linking duplicated firms so that changes to one firm would change them all. However this could potentially present problems and if implemented there should be an option to link or not to link. OTTD (Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe) has implemented this well in sharing vehicle orders- You can choose to just copy orders or link orders

Also, in general I have found the AI less competitive in this game, although the chain stores have made them more of a force when they are established. The AI does not seem to be able to set up many profitable lines as they outprice themselves and/or a significant portion of the profits are spent on advertising (Which makes media firms very successful)

I would really like to find out how the AI are going in kie99's game as he has alot of product lines.
Grashopa
Level 3 user

Re: Feedback: Late Game still feels more like a chore

Post by Grashopa »

For me advertising is the most painful and easy to forget about if you set up many at once. I've noted how I'd like that handled via a simple slider instead of a unit. I'll add that having to modify the prices again every time you do ads is also time consuming across so many products. COO-less auto pricing?

I think a recent firms list in the build menu which duplicates the firm with auto linking should be able to handle the multi-city buildout.

Make new retail firm's prices set to that of your other firms ( or set to duplicate the overall rating of the other firms) - it is annoying to build out then have to advance a day or two to get all the products into the sales units and then switch through to all the product detail pages across 4 cities when you do a large number at once.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

mwyeoh wrote:Hi David

Although I still really like this game, I feel that late game, the game does lose its appeal especially when we are manually setting up 5-8 retail outlets (per city), multiple warehouses and 5-10 factories for each product line. And when we have 20-30 product lines, thats (assuming 4 cities) 20-30 retail firms, 30-40 warehouses

Monitoring and changing prices has been considerably improved with the "Apply all" options, but the setting up is a pain.

I still definitely think that work needs to go into improving this aspect of the game.
The best way is to be able to duplicate firms. This way, we can set one up and just duplicate it multiple times. (As per the suggestion I made earlier). An expansion to this would be linking duplicated firms so that changes to one firm would change them all. However this could potentially present problems and if implemented there should be an option to link or not to link. OTTD (Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe) has implemented this well in sharing vehicle orders- You can choose to just copy orders or link orders

Also, in general I have found the AI less competitive in this game, although the chain stores have made them more of a force when they are established. The AI does not seem to be able to set up many profitable lines as they outprice themselves and/or a significant portion of the profits are spent on advertising (Which makes media firms very successful)

I would really like to find out how the AI are going in kie99's game as he has alot of product lines.
This will be improved in the next patch in the following way:

Reduced the total product demand of all product types in an effort to reduce micromangement. It will be less likely that the player has to open many retail stores and factories for a single product type in order to satsify all the demand. Since AI is playing with the same rules, the game is supposed to be as challenging as the previous version. But the player company’s total revenue and the AI companies’ total revenues will be smaller than the previous version, thus reducing the amount of micromanagement.
Boxster77
Level 3 user

Post by Boxster77 »

Less revenue means less profit! :?: I kinda see the reason for this and think it might be better to some how make it where the quantity demanded goes down based on the difficulty level set by the player. So products played on a game difficulty of 200% would have less quantity demand than at a 300% difficulty setting. Or if needed could you add an option like the inflation (normal or reduced) button for quantity demand to be min or max? With it lowered now it is going to take longer to get that cash needed to expand, advertise, and research. Just lowering the quantity demanded across the board makes the game slower, harder and less fun in my opinion. With AI competitors set to go into all the markets, populations that grow and not shrink, the ability to make more stores (and the game not see my products as competitors if they are in another store in same city like in Capitalism 2 ), the quantity demanded should be at least 1.5x higher then it is in Capitalism 2 I believe.