Option for relocating firms without rebuilding costs

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Add a new option that eliminates rebuilding costs?

Yes, for city government only. Corporations still have to pay rebuilding costs.
17%
Yes, for both corporations and city government.
17%
No
67%

Total votes: 6

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Option for relocating firms without rebuilding costs

Post by David »

Currently when you relocate a firm, there will be a cost for rebuilding the building.

Do you think we should add a new option on the New Game Settings menu that eliminates rebuilding costs? This option will be useful to those players who enjoy relocating the firms to improve the cityscape.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Re: Option for relocating firms without rebuilding costs

Post by avengerbg »

Not entirly to the topic, but what about posibility to move mines, logging camps etc after they are exousted to new location with the same resource, it will make training and improving them much more lucrative, right now, sometimes you cant even train them to max before the resource is exousted, i rearly use training budged on them, and if i do its only for rasing sales units to lvl 3-5 and no more. I might be wrong but looong time ago there was version where you could move them.

And relocation without rebuilding costs will open the game for new exploits and free money.
mrgarrettscott
Level 4 user

Post by mrgarrettscott »

There is always a cost relocate something in real life. Might as well keep in game. I am in favor of undo button which allows an immediate correction to a placement mistake without cost to the player.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

mrgarrettscott wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:40 pm There is always a cost relocate something in real life. Might as well keep in game. I am in favor of undo button which allows an immediate correction to a placement mistake without cost to the player.
I can second that with the condition its avaible until, player build another building, buy/sell land etc. else you can place building to rise land value, sell it and undo :P

Also, its kind of exploit too right now if you are mayor of city, you can place civic buildings around land plots to rise the value, sell land with profit, remove civics without any cost. This way you can go bilions in debt for city, and gain bilions for player, then city bankruts, and its funds are miracly restored.