Reselling the acquired company feature

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
alidad
Level 2 user

Reselling the acquired company feature

Post by alidad »

The game as of today allows you to acquire a private company, or buy a public company and merge or transfer its firms into other owned companies. This is a great feature, one thing that I think might add some new challenges and new opportunities is allowing to resell the acquired companies . Basically allowing a private company to be listed for sell and allow AI to purchase it.

Basically:
1- Adding a `sell` button on private companies
2- Enabling AI to purchase the company
3- Enabling the main company to transfer firms to subsidiaries in bulk.
4- Improving company evaluation algorithm, currently company evaluation on newly public companies specially does not consider cash in the company's account(I can expand if needed).
5- **Evaluating the brand in evaluation of the company

These features bring more opportunities to make or lose money. For example, one can acquire a company and separate a line of business that is to his/her interest and resell the company in the market. This is a practice that is happening today in the real world and opens so much possibilities. Or one can build and transfer a successful line of business into a subsidiary and sell that subsidiary while its still private and potentially keep some dependencies on the origin company for more market influence for example, I build and sell a software factory that buys DVDs from my firm.

**Just as cherry on the cake, potentially we can associate a brand to a subsidiary's line of business and give branding a new potential to shine.

Would love to hear what people thinks.
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: Reselling the acquired company feature

Post by saferain »

很赞成这种想法,我认为这几个想法完全可行。特别是需要增加主公司转移工厂,零售店等公司去子公司的选项。如果能够批量把科研和市场品牌一起转移过去就好了。
我们经过前期的发展扩张,到中期有几百个企业,一个一个的设置太麻烦。有时候更换一个运营总监,就是最头疼的时候。如果能把大部分的企业转移到子公司下面,我们就能更大经历来做我们想做的事。
FCT team. Professional Chinese translation.E-mail:info_fct@163.com
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: Reselling the acquired company feature

Post by saferain »

This is the translation of the above Chinese, very sorry, just found out! I quite agree with this idea. I think these ideas are totally feasible. In particular, we need to increase the option for the main company to transfer factories, retail stores and other companies to subsidiaries. It would be nice to transfer scientific research and market brands in bulk.
After the development and expansion in the early stage, we had hundreds of enterprises in the middle stage, and it was too troublesome to set up one by one. Sometimes the biggest headache comes from replacing a director of operations. If we can move most of the business to subsidiaries, we can scale and experience to do what we want to do.
FCT team. Professional Chinese translation.E-mail:info_fct@163.com