pdr_bac2 error

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
furmanbp
Level 2 user

pdr_bac2 error

Post by furmanbp »

Hi I was just playing and got that error:

I was setting up some factories for my subsidiary and wanted to check something and when I clicked "product details" that what popped up.

version: V6.4.03
save file on your email - although when I am trying to repeat my steps I do note get that error for second time.

but that bring me another idea to limit frustration. Is it possible to set up an auto save mechanism based on time played? one could choose for example that game make autosave every 15 minutes. that one which happen every 1st of February could also stay as separate file just for safety.

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: pdr_bac2 error

Post by David »

furmanbp wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 pm Hi I was just playing and got that error:

I was setting up some factories for my subsidiary and wanted to check something and when I clicked "product details" that what popped up.

version: V6.4.03
save file on your email - although when I am trying to repeat my steps I do note get that error for second time.
I loaded your save game and clicked "product details, but didn't encounter the error. It seems that the error only occurs under certain condition.

Are you able to trigger the error with a certain series of actions? If so, please let me know the exact steps for triggering it.

If not, could you please let me know the exact error message because the screenshot from your post is too small and I can't see the error message clearly.
furmanbp wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 pm but that bring me another idea to limit frustration. Is it possible to set up an auto save mechanism based on time played? one could choose for example that game make autosave every 15 minutes. that one which happen every 1st of February could also stay as separate file just for safety.
Please see this https://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/s ... ial-rules/ about using script for autosave.

Auto Save Frequency Modifiers
You may use the following script functions to override the default auto save interval which is 1 year.Auto Save Interval Days=<number>
This sets the auto save interval in game days.
Example:
Auto Save Interval Days=20
This will make the game write a new auto save file every 20 game days.

Auto Save Interval Minutes=<number>
This sets the auto save interval in real time minutes.(Please note that even with these functions, auto save will only be performed when the Auto Save option in the game is enabled.)
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

David wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:08 pm Are you able to trigger the error with a certain series of actions? If so, please let me know the exact steps for triggering it.
neither I am able to trigger it for second time, I did mention it in my first post...

screen shot is in razor sharp resolution - 2560x1440 - this game does not deserve anything lower ;-)

but here you go :

error opening file IF\pdr_bac2.COL.

thanks for advice in regards to auto-save
David

Post by David »

This error message indicates that the game cannot open the file IF\pdr_bac2.COL. It could be a rare occurrence where the Windows file system cannot read it successfully. If it happens again, I would recommend that you reinstall the game again.
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

Thanks, will do if it happen again.
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

David wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:43 pm This error message indicates that the game cannot open the file IF\pdr_bac2.COL. It could be a rare occurrence where the Windows file system cannot read it successfully. If it happens again, I would recommend that you reinstall the game again.
David, it happened again. I have uninstalled the game and installed it back. Bug still occur. However now I can tell you how to replicate this bug. I have tried several times and occur its keep occurring:

Go to info screen, click product detail, e-comerce, and click on pristine essence software that is sold online. As shown on picture.

I will send you a save game in a minute to your email.
error.jpg
error.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 1870 times
David

Post by David »

Thanks for the detailed bug report.

We have released an ad-hoc fix for this crash bug. Please download the latest v6.4.05 from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=7467