Bad Module info

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Romulet

Bad Module info

Post by Romulet »

Hello all, I'm new to the forums and I just bought the game. I'm playing the tutorial and I keep getting an error Bad Module Info. I looked on the forums and I don't see anything about it. Would anyone know what this is? Thanks.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bad Module info

Post by David »

1) Which tutorial were you playing?

2) Does the error message just display "Bad Module Info" or contain any additional details?

Could you please post a screenshot with the exact error message and post it here?
Romulet

Post by Romulet »

Thanks for getting back to me David, it was on Tutorial 3 and it just popped up just saying Bad Module Info and nothing else and it just shuts down. I'll take a screen shot again when it pops up.
Romulet

Post by Romulet »

Ok, it has done it again and I was on tutorial 4. I took a screenshot.
Attachments
Capitalism Lab Error.jpg
Capitalism Lab Error.jpg (351.58 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
Romulet

Post by Romulet »

Ok I can make the error come up when ever I want. Every time my mouse is off the screen and onto my second monitor the error comes up. If I alt tab out, the error comes up.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Based on what I see on the screenshot you provided, "bad_module_info" is in fact the name of a separate Windows application other than Capitalism Lab.

If it were Capitalism Lab that had stopped working, the message would have been "CapMain has stopped working" as the format of that Windows message is "<application name> has stopped working" .

I guess is that "bad_module_info" is a background app in your Windows system and it ran into error when Capitalism Lab when your mouse is off the screen.

I searched "bad_module_info" on Google and found the following info:

"Outdated GPU drivers can cause you a few headaches. One of which just happens to be the bad_module_info error. Check for the latest version of your graphics card's drivers by heading into your Device Manager. "

You may read the following articles about fixing the "bad_module_info" issue:
https://www.saintlad.com/fix-bad-module ... indows-10/
https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-t ... indows-10/
Romulet

Post by Romulet »

I have up to date video drivers, I'll try the suggestions you put up. If it fixes it, I will reply back.
Romulet

Post by Romulet »

Ok, I have done everything that you suggested now instead of Bad_Module_Info error popping up, the game just crashes as soon as I go to my second monitor and here is the error I get. I can put it on borderless window and go on my second monitor with no issue so I'll keep it on that. Thanks David for the suggestions.
Attachments
CapLab Error.jpg
CapLab Error.jpg (392.29 KiB) Viewed 1258 times