I hope the environmental problem can be solved.

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
lige0115

I hope the environmental problem can be solved.

Post by lige0115 »

Every time I play at the back, I don't want to play because of environmental pollution. Other problems, such as education, can be solved by building schools, but the environment cannot be solved. The degree of environmental pollution in factories can be graded, and clothing factories can not be the same as steel mills. Later, we can upgrade the factory to a high-tech factory with mechanization and low pollution.
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Re: I hope the environmental problem can be solved.

Post by lowkeybavil »

i agree with this idea. this is much needed
teehankeeb

Post by teehankeeb »

I agree with this strongly.

We use Capitalism lab to teach sustainable business to students in line with the Sustainable Development Goals and the WEF Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics. Having measures for pollution by firms can help students monitor this and manage it. They can then invest in process technologies to lessen pollution or face government fines when they exceed a threshold.
Last edited by teehankeeb on Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

+1

I agree. Manufactoring should have a pollution index which differs from product to product. On the other hand factories should get better and produce less pollution. I think this could be done with new type of manufacturing units, which cost more upfront and monthly but reduce the pollution.

But reduction of pollution to zero should not be possible. Cities could make laws not allowing factories to have a too high pollution level or be able to get rid of dirty industries by having a kind of enviromental tax. This would have to be well balancend, as some cities should still do the dirty stuff. Maybe the AI majors of wealthy cities should tend to be more strickt on enviromental questions, while majors of less wealthy cities should tend to see an advantage of attracting heavy and dirty industries.
Tobbesson

Post by Tobbesson »

+1

I just wanted to agree with what's been said (admin can remove if this post is considered unnecessary).