[MOD] Capitalism RNA

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
RocketStone
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

[MOD] Capitalism RNA

Post by RocketStone »

Hello Community!

I want to introduce you to Capitalism RNA! a improved vanilla game!

What is Capitalism RNA?

CapRNA seeks to enhance the vanilla game by improving on product manufacturing without going too deep into the complexities, without replacing vanilla products and keeping the scheme logical.
The goal is to get all products and feature additions done in a way that gives the game a challenge bump as well as a creative and less streamlined form of play.

Currently this mod is a WIP and I'm releasing this very alpha version to the community so you can taste the ideas I'm implementing into the game,
although some of them are not even in yet and others are not implemented as I wish.
again this is like a rough draft. My goal is to release a finished version 1.0.0 by new years.

but enough text, here are some pictures of the additions to the mod:

This is how some products might change, products in the automobile have all changed

How I plan to implement the tech feature into the game. I feel the products themselves should keep their date of release instead of technology known being the factor.
But technology should determine what SEMI products you know how to make and how good you are at it.

This is all I have for now, I hope you enjoy the content and thank you for reading!

Please post any suggestions below, I would love to read your feedback!

Download:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... G_qft26drb

Goals:

[ ] Expand all vanilla product classes to have more products to produce.
[ ] Expand SEMI products to expand the variety and challenge of creating new products.
[ ] Add new product classes.
[ ] implement features in the game that remain unused in vanilla.
[ ] Balance for profitability and use of product.
Last edited by RocketStone on Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: [MOD] Capitalism RNA

Post by paulwoman »

Nice project :)

Do you have a list of the objects in your mod? I'm trying to translate some of them.
RocketStone
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by RocketStone »

paulwoman wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm Nice project :)

Do you have a list of the objects in your mod? I'm trying to translate some of them.
Here is the Product_Name.dbf file :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wd27B9 ... sp=sharing
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Hi RocketStone,

I've downloaded it and given it a try. Overall, I like the design direction of your mod. It is a good start and look forward to the next version.

I have a suggestion for you regarding the aspect ratio of some of the product images in your mod.

Take the image of minivan for example, it appears a bit distorted compared to what a minivan looks like, such as the following from Google Images:

It is because its aspect ratio has been changed when you resized the image to conform it to the game's size requirement.

The solution would be to retain the aspect ratio while resizing it and add white space at the top and bottom of the image to make it a 120x120 image.

If you need more info on this, you may try search "how to resize a photo without changing the aspect ratio" on Google and see if there are any articles useful to you.

Keep up the good work!
Attachments
Minivan.jpg
Minivan.jpg (238.92 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
RocketStone
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by RocketStone »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:17 pm Hi RocketStone,

I've downloaded it and given it a try. Overall, I like the design direction of your mod. It is a good start and look forward to the next version.

I have a suggestion for you regarding the aspect ratio of some of the product images in your mod.

Take the image of minivan for example, it appears a bit distorted compared to what a minivan looks like, such as the following from Google Images:

It is because its aspect ratio has been changed when you resized the image to conform it to the game's size requirement.

The solution would be to retain the aspect ratio while resizing it and add white space at the top and bottom of the image to make it a 120x120 image.

If you need more info on this, you may try search "how to resize a photo without changing the aspect ratio" on Google and see if there are any articles useful to you.

Keep up the good work!
I'll be fixing a lot of the images during the update. Most of the images are a quick add like a place holder. Not the final image.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

RocketStone wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:53 am I'll be fixing a lot of the images during the update. Most of the images are a quick add like a place holder. Not the final image.
Good to know this.