Little Racketeering scheme (funny exploit).

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Little Racketeering scheme (funny exploit).

Post by Pietro »

Hello !

I was documenting on common illegal business practices, and it gave me an idea. Of course that's very illegal in real life but in videogames it's different. There is no harm being done to any living being so it's ok with me.

So here is how it goes :

First you need a good scam place such as this one :
exploit1.png
exploit1.png (870.32 KiB) Viewed 3906 times

It has 9 slots ready to receive unsuspecting victims.

exploit2.png
exploit2.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3906 times
There is a bunch of people saying they like beverages, i will scam them in the example, but you can scam other people too. The unsuspecting victims are listed as "job candidates". That's a code name for "potential victim". You can get them to go in your scam place by promissing them money. Tell them they are going to have their own office, with swimming pool and minibar, even if it's a bit ridiculous, it always work.

Hire them all, it will only take the 9 at the upper place of the list. But you can make several scam place if you really need all their money.
exploit3.png
exploit3.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3906 times
Now this is the trick !

See how when you hold CTRL key and then right click you can decrease the salary super fast, by like 1000% in one click ! You can also decrease their salary without holding the CTRL key, it's just 100 times slower so i do not recommend unless you want to simulate a really complicated bargain.

Also don't forget to click "raise all". That's a negative raise to all 9 units, otherwise you need to bargain with every single victim. Clicking the "raise all button" with a (139 000%) or -139 000% is what i did in the example.
exploit4.png
exploit4.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3906 times

Now -64 million dollar per year is a decent salary. In case you didn't know a negative salary means your employee have to pay you to stay in the office with the swimming pool and the minibar. Of course as there is no minibar and no swimming pool the employee won't stay for long and will try to resign as soon as they can. That's written at the bottom of every pictures that some of them just did resign.

It doesn't matter though, sometimes it takes a week, sometimes more before they realize the whole thing is just a scam and they are still paying you during this time. Plus when one resign you can always replace it with another victim in the list.

One could wonder how much money it is possible to get out this scheme, because surely at some point those employee won't be able to pay anymore to stay in the office but i haven't been able to find out.
I have been able to re-hire the same employee several times in a row so it's not even needed to choose "another" one in the list. And in case you want to hire this employee for a longer period of time you can still do. I suspect they are printing money.

PROFITS.png
PROFITS.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3906 times

This R&D lab is also called the great scam palace. You can make lots of money with those :)
Maelstrom Vortex
Level 2 user

Re: Little Racketeering scheme (funny exploit).

Post by Maelstrom Vortex »

Someone forgot to code in the floor at 0.. whoops.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Little Racketeering scheme (funny exploit).

Post by David »

We will get this fixed in the next update v8.0.13.