Salary automation and bonuses

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
marc5477

Salary automation and bonuses

Post by marc5477 »

Wonderful game. Just got it recently and playing the heck out of it. Finally noticing some annoying things that I wish were better. Setting salaries is probably the big nagging issue for me right now.

I know its been brought up before, but I figured I would reiterate that this is a fairly boring task that needs to be automated by the CTO or COO. That said, it seems like the CTO does set the salary sometimes. It seems to be limited to the project root such as the box that connects to all the other boxes in the project. So for example, if I had 9 researchers working on 1 tech, then only the center box (the root) gets their loyalty set to 80%. The other 8 research boxes are ignored and their loyalty decays with training.

Basically we need to be able to set the salaries to 80% to prevent head hunting. I know we can turn off the salary system but I cant seem to change it mid game... so basically i would need to start over. Thats kind of annoying.

I also think that salaries should do more than just add a micromanagement mechanic. It should effect the workers skill in some way (aka motivation). So higher pay = a performance bonus of some sort and low pay = performance penalty. This would encourage the player to set it to 100%.

Also, the CTO should be able to control software labs right? The option isnt available to me. I can put a COO there but not the CTO for some reason.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Salary automation and bonuses

Post by David »

You may set the "Talent System" on the Digital Age DLC New Game Settings menu to "Greatly Simplified mode".

https://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-a ... -settings/

Talent System
If this is set to Simplified, all talents start with a skill level of 50. If this is set to Greatly Simplified, loyalty and headhunting features of the talent system are disabled too.

In the Full mode and Simplified mode, the CTO shares the AI's code which is to only set the main unit of the R&D team's loyalty to 80. The rest of the team's loyalty targets depend on the CTO's preference.

The logic behind this is that if the AI and CTO are to set all talents to 80 loyalty uniformly, the talent system will become meaningless and it is better to use the Greatly Simplified mode instead which basically serves the same purpose.