Error adding technology to products

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
RocketStone
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Error adding technology to products

Post by RocketStone »

Hello Community,

I have a issue I have been breaking my head with for a few hours and I cannot find the solution to this issue. I'm currently adding technologies I'd like the player and the AI to research to be able to manufacture certain products which I feel should be locked behind knowledge and that this same knowledge influences the products quality. However I get the following error:

And I do not understand why, because the file equates to 100 in the weight as shown here:

I have tested this with the file removed and the game recognizes my techs and places them inside the game for use (Although they are not being used by anything) but when I put this file back into the mod it gives this error and I do not know what to do.

Thank you for the help
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Error adding technology to products

Post by saffgee »

If I had to guess I'd say the spaces after the comma need to go - I just tested this:
[OSPC_CORE]
KERNEL_PRG=100,30
SYSTEM_PRG=100,30
MEM_MAN=100,20
PROC_MAN=100,20

and it works fine. Try that approach maybe. If no good, then I recommend delete those lines and redo/write that whole piece from scratch, don't copy paste.
RocketStone
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by RocketStone »

saffgee wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:49 pm If I had to guess I'd say the spaces after the comma need to go - I just tested this:
[OSPC_CORE]
KERNEL_PRG=100,30
SYSTEM_PRG=100,30
MEM_MAN=100,20
PROC_MAN=100,20

and it works fine. Try that approach maybe. If no good, then I recommend delete those lines and redo/write that whole piece from scratch, don't copy paste.
I just tested your suggestion and I have the same issue, in fact I deleted the file and re-created it and entered the values manually like your example and I still get the same error. Originally I had written it without any spaces between the comma and the weight number but figured I'd try the tutorial format since mine was giving me errors.

Do you have any idea maybe it could be something else?

Here are pictures of the other files I edited for this function.

Tech_Class:

Tech:

I appreciate the help.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Hmm, hard to say what the issue is then.
Another thing that occurs quite often is the circular reference - so a tech that is needed to research one thing itself needs that very tech to be researched. Something like that. Less likely though as the error message is fairly clear. I haven't worked a huge amount with tech, but I've never encountered that error message when I have.
RocketStone
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by RocketStone »

So I did more testing and decided to see what would happen if I removed one of the tech's by commenting it out and it worked! But it still doesn't seem right, because you got it to work with 4 so I'm thinking could there be a bug in the newer version of the game? I'm currently on the latest release version 8.0.14 are you on this version?

I'll downgrade and see if I can run the original one.

Appreciate the help!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I can check it for you if you could send me your mod files. You may send it to me at info@enlight.com.
RocketStone
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by RocketStone »

David wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:38 pm I can check it for you if you could send me your mod files. You may send it to me at info@enlight.com.
Hey David I have just sent you the email of the mod in a zip file under the name Rocketstone's Mod.

Thank you for having a look at it!