{MOD} Global Capitalism

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
3dmodel
Level 2 user

{MOD} Global Capitalism

Post by 3dmodel »

Global Capitalism Mod

The idea of ​​disabling expertise for characters belongs to saffgee

The idea for alternative recipes started here
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8280

Profitability adjustment was carried out using tables from here
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8260

Also thanks to saffgee and piermario for posting their mod sources on the forum, comparing the settings of the two mods gave some insight into the mechanics of the game

Also thanks to David and the development team for making changes to the AI ​​behavior and fixing bugs that arise

Also special thanks to paulwoman for early feedback and help with some bug fixes

The graphics in the mod are partly taken from one large stock and are free, and partly made by me in Blender 3D

What's included in the mod:

Added apartments 1*1, 3*3, and offices 1*1, 4*4, giga factory, giga farm and giga warehouse
Added new stores (reused graphics of office buildings). Added the ability to sell almost all products in the game, including semi-finished products, etc.
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 2292 times
The number of products in the mod has been expanded, mainly in farm and more in semi-finished products, where the AI ​​has shown itself to be more active
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_8.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 2292 times
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2292 times
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_6.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 2292 times
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2292 times

Mining has been reworked, mines allow access to ore. Different ore contains different amounts of certain minerals.
For example, the content of diamonds in precious ore 3 carats for 2000 lbs
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_10.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2292 times

Whereas in sea sand the diamond content 1 carats for 7500 lbs
Screenshot_11.png
Screenshot_11.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 2292 times
To compare the two mines:
The PRECIOUS mine is the main mine for the extraction and production of precious metals (gold, silver, platinum, precious stones and diamonds). It also makes it possible to produce some other metals, but at a lower margin.

The MIX_ORE mine is the main mine for obtaining metals (vanadium, cobalt, molybdenum, etc.), but also gives access to obtaining precious metals, etc. But the content of precious metals in it is lower than in PRECIOUS ore. Accordingly, the production speed, margin and output per cycle are lower.

Alternative recipes have different margins, production speeds, as well as the amount of finished product in one production run.
By default, the higher the yield of the product, the more profitable the production using this particular recipe and vice versa, the lower the yield of the product, the slower the production speed and the lower the margin

The use of catalysts in some recipes adds the ability to end up with more product than is invested. This is a game mechanic to increase AI interest in certain products.
Screenshot_14.png
Screenshot_14.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2292 times
Added Mega Class: Ores. Which includes classes (Raw Semi, Semi Products, Gas, Precious Metals, Platinum Group Metals etc). You can choose a corporate brand and sell these products under the same brand.
Also extended Mega Class:: Food. It includes all products from farms.

The mod has been tested on a clean game using the Global Capitalism script.txt. The script contains the basic game difficulty settings (you can configure them here without the game options menu), as well as important starting AI behavior settings that are not available in the game options menu. Also contains basic settings for DLCs. If you run the game without a script it will spawn corporations that are less of a focus for the mod. AI can be passive.

By default, the import of ores through seaports is disabled. For the production of products, you need to buy a mine or buy semi-products from other corporations. This creates a certain interest in the AI ​​to own the mines. If the Experimental DLC makes it possible to purchase ore through import companies, this may lead to an imbalance in the game.

If you encounter any errors while using the DLCs, please let me know.

Links:

Archive version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yhdtJf ... sp=sharing

Standard installation:
files from the archive
GLOBCAP.png
GLOBCAP.RES
GLOBCAP.txt.

Put in directory:
C:\Users\your computer name\AppData\Local\Capitalism Lab\MOD

file
Global Capitalism script.txt
Put in directory:
C:\Users\your computer name\AppData\Local\Capitalism Lab\script

Activate (configure as desired) the script before starting the game
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: {MOD} Global Capitalism

Post by piermario »

Congratulations for the study and the work done, I will definitely try your mod - thank you!
Piermario
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Looks very good - congrats !
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

3dmodel wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 am Global Capitalism Mod

The idea of ​​disabling expertise for characters belongs to saffgee

The idea for alternative recipes started here
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8280

Profitability adjustment was carried out using tables from here
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8260

Also thanks to saffgee and piermario for posting their mod sources on the forum, comparing the settings of the two mods gave some insight into the mechanics of the game

Also thanks to David and the development team for making changes to the AI ​​behavior and fixing bugs that arise

Also special thanks to paulwoman for early feedback and help with some bug fixes

The graphics in the mod are partly taken from one large stock and are free, and partly made by me in Blender 3D

What's included in the mod:

Added apartments 1*1, 3*3, and offices 1*1, 4*4, giga factory, giga farm and giga warehouse
Added new stores (reused graphics of office buildings). Added the ability to sell almost all products in the game, including semi-finished products, etc.
Screenshot_3.png

The number of products in the mod has been expanded, mainly in farm and more in semi-finished products, where the AI ​​has shown itself to be more active
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_7.png

Mining has been reworked, mines allow access to ore. Different ore contains different amounts of certain minerals.
For example, the content of diamonds in precious ore 3 carats for 2000 lbs
Screenshot_10.png

Whereas in sea sand the diamond content 1 carats for 7500 lbs
Screenshot_11.png

To compare the two mines:
The PRECIOUS mine is the main mine for the extraction and production of precious metals (gold, silver, platinum, precious stones and diamonds). It also makes it possible to produce some other metals, but at a lower margin.

The MIX_ORE mine is the main mine for obtaining metals (vanadium, cobalt, molybdenum, etc.), but also gives access to obtaining precious metals, etc. But the content of precious metals in it is lower than in PRECIOUS ore. Accordingly, the production speed, margin and output per cycle are lower.

Alternative recipes have different margins, production speeds, as well as the amount of finished product in one production run.
By default, the higher the yield of the product, the more profitable the production using this particular recipe and vice versa, the lower the yield of the product, the slower the production speed and the lower the margin

The use of catalysts in some recipes adds the ability to end up with more product than is invested. This is a game mechanic to increase AI interest in certain products.
Screenshot_14.png

Added Mega Class: Ores. Which includes classes (Raw Semi, Semi Products, Gas, Precious Metals, Platinum Group Metals etc). You can choose a corporate brand and sell these products under the same brand.
Also extended Mega Class:: Food. It includes all products from farms.

The mod has been tested on a clean game using the Global Capitalism script.txt. The script contains the basic game difficulty settings (you can configure them here without the game options menu), as well as important starting AI behavior settings that are not available in the game options menu. Also contains basic settings for DLCs. If you run the game without a script it will spawn corporations that are less of a focus for the mod. AI can be passive.

By default, the import of ores through seaports is disabled. For the production of products, you need to buy a mine or buy semi-products from other corporations. This creates a certain interest in the AI ​​to own the mines. If the Experimental DLC makes it possible to purchase ore through import companies, this may lead to an imbalance in the game.

If you encounter any errors while using the DLCs, please let me know.

Links:

Archive version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yhdtJf ... sp=sharing

Standard installation:
files from the archive
GLOBCAP.png
GLOBCAP.RES
GLOBCAP.txt.

Put in directory:
C:\Users\your computer name\AppData\Local\Capitalism Lab\MOD

file
Global Capitalism script.txt