Capitalism Lab Release version 8.2.15 Patch

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism Lab Release version 8.2.15 Patch

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab Release version 8.2.15 patch is now available for download at:
https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CR82158209.zip

IMPORTANT: This patch must be applied on top of Release version 8.2.09 or later. If you haven't installed it, please download the full version from: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=8993

Then extract the ZIP file to your Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.

Version 8.2.15
Fixed a rare bug.

Version 8.2.14
Fixed a display glitch with trees on the city map.

Fixed an issue with running the game on Mac using Parallels.

New Cake Shop building graphics that incorporate the theme more strongly into its aesthetics.

Transferring Executives Within the Company Group
The game now allows transferring executives among subsidiaries and the parent company. The executive's attitude towards you will not be affected when doing so.

New Function Keys
You can now toggle the display of corporate logos on the city view by pressing Ctrl-O.
You can now disable and enable edge scrolling (the city map will scroll when the mouse cursor touches the edge of the game screen) by pressing Ctrl-E.

Version 8.2.13
Thanks to the contributions of Bassford and Krikraker, Spanish translation is available on the Language selection page of the Options menu.
Fixed the bug with the error message "Error On File : LayoutPlan.cpp Line:88"
We've put AI into good use. This version includes 30 new male portraits and 21 new female portraits generated by AI for replacing the old ones.
To see all the new portraits: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 431#p38431

Version 8.2.12
This version comes with a new electronics store with a sleek glass design that enhances the appearance of the city as a whole.
Added the corporation name to the CSV export file names.
Fixed a bug with the error message J_INV.CPP.
Fixed an issue of running the game with OneDrive.

Version 8.2.11
Fixed the bug with corporation names in exported CVS files.

Version 8.2.10
A farm with farm extensions can no longer be relocated until the farm's extensions are removed.
stockrpg

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 8.2.11 Patch

Post by stockrpg »

An error occurs when scaling down an expanded farm again.

Error Code: Error on File : D:\CLsrc\j_inv.cpp
Line : 291

Thank you
David

Post by David »

stockrpg wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:11 pm An error occurs when scaling down an expanded farm again.

Error Code: Error on File : D:\CLsrc\j_inv.cpp
Line : 291

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
2) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Djarin

Post by Djarin »

Other questions concerning CapLab:
1) recent update to v8.2.11 My previous version saved games are in my docs folder but not recognized by the game's new version. can they be opened.
2) can the 1STD.PLO file in the docs folder be replaced with a 1STD.PLO file from my Cap Plus games and be recognized by CapLab?
David

Post by David »

Djarin wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:03 pm Other questions concerning CapLab:
1) recent update to v8.2.11 My previous version saved games are in my docs folder but not recognized by the game's new version. can they be opened.
2) can the 1STD.PLO file in the docs folder be replaced with a 1STD.PLO file from my Cap Plus games and be recognized by CapLab?
1) Please be informed that save games older than v8.2.08 are not compatible with this new version as we have mentioned it at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8993

2) Please be informed that 1STD.PLO file from Cap Plus is incompatible with CapLab.
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 8.2.12 Patch

Post by David »

In time for the Easter break, we've released version 8.2.12 with a new electronics store image.

Please download it from: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8998

Happy Easter Holidays!
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 8.2.13 Patch

Post by David »

Version 8.2.13 has been released.

Thanks to the contributions of Bassford D and Krikraker, Spanish translation is available on the Language selection page of the Options menu.

We've put AI into good use. This version includes 30 new male portraits and 21 new female portraits generated by AI for replacing the old ones.

Download the patch v8.2.13 from: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8998
Download the full version installer v8.2.13 from: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8993

Here are the comparisons between the new and old male portraits.
Old male portraits:
New AI-generated photorealistic portraits:

Old female portraits:
New AI-generated photorealistic portraits:
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

Recent Updates are so sweet. :)
Hello David. Are there any chances that production chains will be extended in vanilla? Not so huge like mods, but extended, balanced. a;ways up-to date, utilizing full potential of the new features like "Service Firms" with new "Fast Food" branch?
David

Post by David »

foxtrotf wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:00 pm Recent Updates are so sweet. :)
Hello David. Are there any chances that production chains will be extended in vanilla? Not so huge like mods, but extended, balanced. a;ways up-to date, utilizing full potential of the new features like "Service Firms" with new "Fast Food" branch?
Service firms have already been added to the vanilla game content. Please see this web page for details: https://www.capitalismlab.com/new-servi ... -products/
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

David wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:11 pm
foxtrotf wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:00 pm Recent Updates are so sweet. :)
Service firms have already been added to the vanilla game content. Please see this web page for details: https://www.capitalismlab.com/new-servi ... -products/
Yep, I played them. I'm more about mods in this case, as they need to be up-to date to use latest features with updated buildings, icons, etc, but non of them was recently updated... That is why I'm asking about extended vanilla Products and little more complex chains.
Also, could you please clarify and provide more information about "Experimental DLC" and upcoming "Import Company"? is there any kind of roadmap? How it will be incorporated in to main game? These new features will be as standalone Paid DLC? Or only for these who own all dlcs, but what will be will new DLC arrived? Or I misunderstood and features like "Service Firms" already in the base game, and "Experimental DLC" are only for early access testing?
P.S.I wonder why there is no link to "Banking and Finance DLC" on the landing page? And also no menu features menu?