Thank you

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Thank you

Post by Metaboculous »

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the continued support of this game. I bought this originally.. god knows when, it was version 1 on Cd a long time ago, on a bargain software rack, in an odd ball place. Eventually over the years, I have re-bought this game, and DLC's several times (and didn't mind, it's that good), normally because I changed emails long ago, and rebuilt a system and never brought the files over. This game is one I always come back to. Like railroad tycoon II, Mech Warrior 4, Conquest of the new world, the Anno series of games, you get the idea.

The Real world Mod has really added so much more to the game. I'm having fun just exploring the expanded product lines you can dig into. I just built a new computer system, it was really nice to just download the latest Capitalism lab version, log in and go (kudos Folks). Didn't even need the product key, which for once, I had actually had ready, figures <grins>.

I have one question and one suggestion.

The question seems simple, and I am sure I am missing the proper mechanism that makes it work. As I said I am into building my own computers and have been for a long time. So I wanted to make a diverse product line, centered around the different chip types. ie basic Pentium, dual core, quadcore, etc. while you can pick an image, it seems even when using different CPU technologies, the game just sees a CPU as a CPU. I could not change the price of the lower tech one, without it also changing the price of the newer tech versions in a different factory. I made the mistake of editing the description on the page where you can pick the image and for some reason that filtered down to a bunch of factories, and suddenly my software was being labeled for Pentium. I am sure that's on me not understanding that function correctly. While it's not really all that important, I was just curious how to set up that type of thing, or if its possible.

My only suggestion is probably the same as many folks, bigger city maps.

My ultimate fantasy, would be to incorporate this with a Railroad tycoon Transporation system, where on the macro level your building up the transportation like you did in that, hauling stuff from one city to another, but then go down to the city level, and play just as you do now . We do sorta have that ability now, in making a new city, but still not quite the same. By no means is this a complaint. just a fantasy. I realize that was not in the scope of this game. This game is what I had always wished you could do in RTC, haul stuff to a city, then use it to build and grow the city. While Chris Sawyer's Locomotion did that to some extent, it wasn't quite like this game.

One other question. When I worked for BAE Systems, we had business units. Those while functionally separate, still fell under the same business Unit. Is there a way to do that without being a subsidiary? My guess is, I don't understand the game functions well enough to set that up correctly.

Thanks For all the hard work,
Meta
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Thank you

Post by David »

Thank you for your kind words!
The question seems simple, and I am sure I am missing the proper mechanism that makes it work. As I said I am into building my own computers and have been for a long time. So I wanted to make a diverse product line, centered around the different chip types. ie basic Pentium, dual core, quadcore, etc. while you can pick an image, it seems even when using different CPU technologies, the game just sees a CPU as a CPU. I could not change the price of the lower tech one, without it also changing the price of the newer tech versions in a different factory. I made the mistake of editing the description on the page where you can pick the image and for some reason that filtered down to a bunch of factories, and suddenly my software was being labeled for Pentium. I am sure that's on me not understanding that function correctly. While it's not really all that important, I was just curious how to set up that type of thing, or if its possible.
Please provide us your save game file and the custom product images, and I'll check into it and ask the programmer for assistance, then get back to you.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

My only suggestion is probably the same as many folks, bigger city maps.
I will forward your suggestion to the dev team.
My ultimate fantasy, would be to incorporate this with a Railroad tycoon Transporation system, where on the macro level your building up the transportation like you did in that, hauling stuff from one city to another, but then go down to the city level, and play just as you do now . We do sorta have that ability now, in making a new city, but still not quite the same. By no means is this a complaint. just a fantasy. I realize that was not in the scope of this game. This game is what I had always wished you could do in RTC, haul stuff to a city, then use it to build and grow the city. While Chris Sawyer's Locomotion did that to some extent, it wasn't quite like this game.
This concept sounds really interesting! I would suggest that you create a thread in the New DLC Suggestions forum viewforum.php?f=49 and post your initial ideas there and invite the community to contribute more ideas through brainstorming.
One other question. When I worked for BAE Systems, we had business units. Those while functionally separate, still fell under the same business Unit. Is there a way to do that without being a subsidiary? My guess is, I don't understand the game functions well enough to set that up correctly.
As far as I know, this is not possible in CapLab.

Best,
David
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Re: Thank you

Post by Metaboculous »

Sorry didn't keep the save game of that. I already over wrote that. if I manage to duplicate that again, I'll post it. TY for the Reply.