CapLab Patch 1.983B is now available

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

CapLab Patch 1.983B is now available

Post by David »

CapLab version 1.983B patch is now available. We are releasing it as a manual patch initially. Here is the direct download link:

http://www.capitalismlab.com/capserver/ ... 31983B.zip

(You will need to upgrade to 1.980 first, before applying this patch)

To apply the patch, simply unpack it to your Capitalism Lab program folder.

Your Capitalism Lab is located in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Capitalism Lab Beta, unless you changed the installation folder on the installer.

Bug Fixes and New Feature
Disabled mouse acceleration.

Fixed various interface bugs.

Added support for 1600x900 full screen mode, 1366x768 full screen mode, and 1200x900 windowed mode.

Made an attampt to fix the crash bug.

Update: 1.983B fixes the InfoFinance.cpp crash bug.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Re: CapLab Patch 1.983 is now available

Post by City Builder »

It looks absolutely awesome in my screens native resolution of 1600x900, I truly mean that. It makes it feel like the game isn't nearly as old as capitalism 2 really is, not by a long shot. It feels much more recent now that everything is in proportion with my screen resolution and you know while I knew that CL on my screen displaying full screen at 1024x768 was stretched, I didn't even realize just how badly it was stretched until seeing it at my screens native resolution, I mean it looked awful before but after seeing it the way that it really should look on my screen I can now fully appreciate just how awful it was looking before and how great it looks now.

Will try to play tomorrow morning and see how the mouse is doing with the mouse acceleration turned off and report back.
tingchung
Level 2 user

Post by tingchung »

thank you
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

Hi again David,

Okay since I could not sleep (what else is new) I played some Cap Lab and I must say that the mouse is infinitely better without the pointer acceleration. With just a little bit of adjusting on the sensitivity slider I found a position that makes the mouse feel exactly as my mouse feels within Windows itself it's now nice and smooth, and it's precise as it is in Windows.

Definite huge improvements in 1.983 with regards to both, screen resolution and mouse movement.

Much appreciated.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

I'm wondering if anybody else is seeing the following in 1.983 and if so is it happening more now in 1.983 than it was in previous versions?

Situation is that the AI is again placing a lot of factories in the CBD, which I suppose if that's what they want to do then I guess I can't stop them, but then within a few months, or a year they're closing down those factories but holding onto the land.

So they've basically taken the good retail land for factories and then demolished the factories but are holding onto the land.

That seems to me to be the wrong way of doing business and they should not be building factories in the CBD to begin with, but beyond that it's just plain annoying that they're demolishing the firms and then holding onto the land to where I can't even offer them money for it.

I went to place a new auto dealer and the only places that were relatively close to the CBD had a traffic percent of like 15%, where as all of the land that used to be factories but now were just private land had traffic amounts in the 85% to 98% or somewhere there about anyway.

Did something change again David? I seem to remember for a while anyway that the AI was avoiding building factories in the center of the most profitable area of town but now they seem to be doing it all over again.

Thanks for reading.
Hyronymus
Level 3 user

Post by Hyronymus »

City Builder wrote:I'm wondering if anybody else is seeing the following in 1.983 and if so is it happening more now in 1.983 than it was in previous versions?

Situation is that the AI is again placing a lot of factories in the CBD, which I suppose if that's what they want to do then I guess I can't stop them, but then within a few months, or a year they're closing down those factories but holding onto the land.

So they've basically taken the good retail land for factories and then demolished the factories but are holding onto the land.

That seems to me to be the wrong way of doing business and they should not be building factories in the CBD to begin with, but beyond that it's just plain annoying that they're demolishing the firms and then holding onto the land to where I can't even offer them money for it.

I went to place a new auto dealer and the only places that were relatively close to the CBD had a traffic percent of like 15%, where as all of the land that used to be factories but now were just private land had traffic amounts in the 85% to 98% or somewhere there about anyway.

Did something change again David? I seem to remember for a while anyway that the AI was avoiding building factories in the center of the most profitable area of town but now they seem to be doing it all over again.

Thanks for reading.
I haven't yet noticed it but I'll pay attention to it during my recent game.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: CapLab Patch 1.983B is now available

Post by David »

Update: 1.983B fixes the InfoFinance.cpp crash bug that occurs in 1.983.

You may download it from: http://www.capitalismlab.com/capserver/ ... 31983B.zip
Hyronymus
Level 3 user

Post by Hyronymus »

David wrote:Update: 1.983B fixes the InfoFinance.cpp crash bug that occurs in 1.983.

You may download it from: http://www.capitalismlab.com/capserver/ ... 31983B.zip
Is this savegame compatible?
Hyronymus
Level 3 user

Post by Hyronymus »

Hyronymus wrote:
David wrote:Update: 1.983B fixes the InfoFinance.cpp crash bug that occurs in 1.983.

Is this savegame compatible?
Sorry for the double post but it is savegame compatible.