i don't get this DLC

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
dramantine

i don't get this DLC

Post by dramantine »

I've been playing the scenarios campaign, and now i'm stuck at the city economic DLC i can't do even on the easiest difficulty!

So the main issue at the moment is getting the population bigger, any new city seems to easily get to 600k population, but anything past that seems to be unreasonably hard.

i'ts not because of emigration, it seems the cause is the lack of jobs, commercial buildings seems to soft cap at some point. So we should make factories and shops?

on custom game i tried to make the AI dominate all the markets and after hundreds of years i barely made to 1m pop that the campaign requires(i had research competitiveness on universities and all enabled landmarks stacked on one city), am i missing something?
maff
Level 3 user

Re: i don't get this DLC

Post by maff »

It seems that in Cap 10, commercial buildings will also reduce unemployment rates, population growth, as far as I know, is only with apartment buildings, but then the surroundings have to be created for them to sustain themselves, then the city will grow
Image Grupo no Telegram para BRs: https://t.me/captalismlab Image

Please, vote: viewtopic.php?p=40423#p40423
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: i don't get this DLC

Post by Stylesjl »

I must admit that I can't finish any of the City Simulation DLC scenarios either. I was only able to finish the first one due to a bug that made commercial buildings very profitable.

The problem is that it is hard to make a profit and if you can't make a profit it is hard to grow the city with the investments you need to do it (i.e getting enough jobs).