Tendor Offers

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
williammgary1
Level 3 user

Tendor Offers

Post by williammgary1 »

We really need a Tendor offering system in the game.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Tendor Offers

Post by Arcnor »

Agree! +1

The AI can just go in and do a complete merger with no stock purchase at all. The player should be able to do the same within limits. However, the asking price for private company purchases is determined should be used for public companies as well plus a premium added on based on the number of shareholders.
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Post by chengtsai »

Tender offer is good, but with bidding system that goes around among competitors is even better. Although it is cool to have this feature, I don't think AI is smart enough to encounter a bidding war against human.
williammgary1
Level 3 user

Post by williammgary1 »

I think the Tender off should work like this.

Company Stock price is $2
Equity Per Share: $5

I would like to purchase as many share of this company as possible. My company initiates a Tender Offer of $10. Any shareholder can offer up either a portion (a set number) of their sells to the tender offer at $10 OR they can give up all their shares for $10.

This way my company acquires additional equity in the target company and the existing shareholders can realize a gain. Basically what happens when you offer to buy shares from an existing company at $2 and they say no I want $8.50 just a more formal and controlled process so I can focus on running my company.

The tender off could be available for 1, 3, 6 months time period just in case you know the stock price rises to $5 and the shareholders decide they rather hold onto shares or you decide to increase the tender offer.

Is this how Tender Offers actually work? for some reason this is how I think they work...
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

I agree with the sentiment, I hate the fact that you are limited to buying 5% chunks, let me decide the percentage and price I want to offer. The AI could make a decision based on company performance and cashflow... i.e. if they are in a cash positive situation they might reject unless the offer is x% above market value or something like that. That way it isn't a done deal and wouldn't make the game easier. You could also introduce competition rules that the mayor can enact i.e. no company can have more than 80% market share etc.
KCtrackhawk
Level 2 user

Post by KCtrackhawk »

Maybe just up the buy % to 12.5 ... I think that would be a happy fix for all...
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Reaver wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:22 am I agree with the sentiment, I hate the fact that you are limited to buying 5% chunks, let me decide the percentage and price I want to offer. The AI could make a decision based on company performance and cashflow... i.e. if they are in a cash positive situation they might reject unless the offer is x% above market value or something like that. That way it isn't a done deal and wouldn't make the game easier. You could also introduce competition rules that the mayor can enact i.e. no company can have more than 80% market share etc.
I agree with this and I hope that the developers will consider including a "tender offer" or "takeover" mechanic to this DLC. To often prices escalate out of control for shares in a company I'm trying to take over when in the real world I would just file a tender offer to buy x% of the company at a set price and then shareholders decide if they want to accept my offer.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Perhaps someone could add a poll. We have received mixed reactions to this. Some users thought that it would just make the game too easy as it is already possible to acquire a company by buying the shares aggressively. Tender offers will only lower the overall acquisition costs.