New options to influence COO's management strategy

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Select the new features you like (you can select multiple ones)

You can decide whether COO is allowed to sell products below costs in all of your firms of any types.
17%
Prefer ordering from own warehouses over own factories
17%
Add a new option "Very Aggressive" for COO's Pricing Policy to prevent COO from setting prices too high. (http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=1091)
12%
You can tell COO whether to set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale.
26%
COO always set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale. (you cannot change it)
3%
Allow you to assign your COO to run all of your firms of a specific type.
25%

Total votes: 69

chengtsai
Level 4 user

Re: New options to influence COO's management strategy

Post by chengtsai »

David
Let's add coo control [Rental property] to the list as well.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Based on the poll results, we have decided to implement the following new features:

1) You can decide whether COO is allowed to sell products below costs in all of your firms of any types.

2) You can tell COO whether to set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale.

3) New feature "Allow you to assign your COO to run all of your firms of a specific type.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

+1 For #3 :-)
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

+1 For #3 :-)
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

WilliamMGary wrote:
COO always set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale. (you cannot change it)
I try to run all my firms at a profit even when selling to myself. Don't like this.
It's a choice I ignored, personally. If had my factory selling externally at price P, switching to internal sales would change my price to cost, and switching back to external would leave me in the situation of computing P all over again. That would just be a hassle. Internal sale prices are irrelevant anyway.
David

Post by David »

For this "Prefer ordering from own warehouses over own factories", the COO will only attempt to pick supplies from warehouses given that the warehouses' supplies are good enough, compared to factories.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

David wrote:For this "Prefer ordering from own warehouses over own factories", the COO will only attempt to pick supplies from warehouses given that the warehouses' supplies are good enough, compared to factories.
But FIFO! I'd rather use up the junk first, I think, so that we don't have to worry about it. It is GP (general principle), that you use junk first, else it's just waste.

Let me think about his. Inventory management is a complex subject. I do not envy the developers.

You're say sometimes we have junk in our ware houses, and that a factory has better supplies.

I imagine there are three ways to get rid of the junk.
  1. Manually delete the junk
  2. Use the junk in house
  3. Sell the junk externally
If the COO using junk from my warehouse (#2) was a problem, I can fix that by using (#1) (yet, if I were content with deleting the junk, that should have already been done, and this situation wouldn't have occurred. (assuming best management))

I'm forced with only have the option of selling the junk to competitors. That's... not a common situation is it?

How I actually play, I think, would be that once I had a factory producing better supplies than I had in my ware house, that I would decide to delete it all or use it first. The choice of doing something else with it (hope someone else buys it) I'm usually going to disregard.

This proposed action of the COO (don't use junk) does not agree with my primary MO of "delete it or use it first". Having junk in our warehouse should be a *short term* problem. Once we use it, fine. Once we sell it, fine. Once we delete it, fine. But this COO action would makes it a *long term* problem, that being something like "Keep the junk in the warehouse for the foreseeable future."

FIFO is just the first option I consider. Our corporation had worse goods before we produced better goods. Use the worse goods first.

(Edit to fix link to inventory FIFO rather than data structure FIFO)
robinh
Level 2 user

Post by robinh »

"COO always set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale."

I've tried this (maybe it's called a little differently in game). The stupid sod changed my retail prices to manufacturing cost too thus completely ruining my 2bn industry! The local ratings rose rapidly and it became impossible to get any margin even after setting it back.
David

Post by David »

robinh wrote:"COO always set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale."

I've tried this (maybe it's called a little differently in game). The stupid sod changed my retail prices to manufacturing cost too thus completely ruining my 2bn industry! The local ratings rose rapidly and it became impossible to get any margin even after setting it back.
Will fix this in the next version.
matejfore
Level 3 user

Post by matejfore »

I have set COO policy to aggressive. COO is still raising prices to the sky. I would realty like to know how he calculates the top price. Thow it seems that the prices are raising abit slower then in previous versions.
For example wine I'm producing is having a quality 98 local quality is around 28 with the local price of 15 , my COO raises price to over 30, so none is buying my wine.
I still think you should put in + and - sign, that would tell the percentage to go over the local price. It would be better i you could set it for each individual product, but I would be happy with the first option.
It's frustrating to check the COO and repair the damage.