Page 2 of 2

Re: Newbie Script video 1

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 am
by counting
Perhaps you could cut the first half of just scaling up retail stores and intro to pre-defined layout interface as "retail part 2", and later half related to manufacturing and batch switch the real beginning of "intro to manufacture"

BTW, I suggest not to record procedures that could trigger batch switch bugs (this is for intro after all, not bug report). It can work fine if you don't reassigned the golf club factory output unit to another empty spot, with a simpler initial layout 2 in, 1 mf, 1 sale occupying same spots as later extant full 3x3 layout.

Re: Newbie Script video 1

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:37 am
by WilliamMGary
counting wrote:Perhaps you could cut the first half of just scaling up retail stores and intro to pre-defined layout interface as "retail part 2", and later half related to manufacturing and batch switch the real beginning of "intro to manufacture"

BTW, I suggest not to record procedures that could trigger batch switch bugs (this is for intro after all, not bug report). It can work fine if you don't reassigned the golf club factory output unit to another empty spot, with a simpler initial layout 2 in, 1 mf, 1 sale occupying same spots as later extant full 3x3 layout.
The batch switching stopped working because the connection got lost...I intended to add a new sales unit before getting rid of the primary one which would've prevented the problem.

I like the suggestions on splitting everything up into separate videos! I will do that.