Page 2 of 2

Re: Tips and Tricks

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:03 am
by City Builder
I generally ignore the stock market as well unless I want to use it as a gambling tool, for example buying up as much stock as i possibly can when the game starts (while still leaving me enough cash to get my business going to) and then just sit on it and wait for it to produce a profit, then sell it off when I've bought it for $5.00/share and sell it when it's $2900.00/share. Makes it real easy to raise early cash, although feels very exploitish with it being as easy as it is.

Re: Tips and Tricks

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:23 am
by chengtsai
Since cap lab is much more difficult to play and make big profit
You need to watch for labor deployment, cut unnecessary lab cost.
Also set the right amout training is also critical.
The basic idea in running any kind of business is to
Expand your revenue and cut as much as possible on the expense
Without hurting you revenue growth.

Re: Tips and Tricks

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm
by smpat04
I generally just buyback shares with character, start my initial chain then buy back shares with the money I have left to increase my ownership %. I'm also not "married" to my company; I try for my person to have the highest amount of $$ in the end =) Personal fortune: $200m, Company fortune: -$85m. I guess you could call me Jeffery Skilling ;)

Re: Tips and Tricks

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:54 am
by aarondmsu
mwyeoh wrote: 8) Share capital should be considered carefully. Issuing new shares costs more in the long term but is cheap in the beginning. With shares, you dont need to pay interest, dividends are optional (So it can be viewed as free money). But be careful that you dont issue so many shares that you lose control of your company! (That will cost you ALOT more!)
At what point does this come into play? I would think it can only happen if another shareholder obtains a higher percentage of ownership than you (unless there is a possibility of shareholders teaming up, e.g. You own 39%, Jim owns 22%, Bob owns 18%...while you are still the largest shareholder, could Jim and Bob team up to oust you? I'd be surprised if that's possible in this game though).

And what happens if another player obtains a greater ownership percentage than you? Do they sack you from your CEO position?

Re: Tips and Tricks

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 am
by Jefreyy
Well Beginning with only one little store and gradually increasing your empire might be fun but it will not, give you stunning ratings. To top the innovator panel, in the task activities and to control competitors you need a lot of money easily.