Page 2 of 2

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:55 am
by Brain
I have a question on crops - what is the output unit of a crop growing unit, tons, kilo? Like when designing something containing coconut, where the output is a 500g can, I need to know it for proper ratios.

[solved] Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:17 am
by Brain
Found them, in the Product types tables, PSEMI category, 'lbs'.

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm
by Brain
@David, what is the difference between the product categories PLANT and PSEMI?

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:22 pm
by David
Brain wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm @David, what is the difference between the product categories PLANT and PSEMI?
PLANT is only planted in a farm and cannot be sold outside a farm. e.g. Rubber Plant.

PSEMI is a farm product that can be sold to a factory or a retail store. e.g Rubber.

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:07 pm
by Brain
not sure if I understand that correctly. So far I can not sell any Plant Semi products in retail, just from and to factories and warehouses. And I am quite sure that rule is valid for Plants grown in farms

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 pm
by David
Brain wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:07 pm not sure if I understand that correctly. So far I can not sell any Plant Semi products in retail, just from and to factories and warehouses. And I am quite sure that rule is valid for Plants grown in farms
That's true in the Capitalism Lab base game. But in the Real World MOD, I was able to sell fruits in retail stores. Not sure the exact way that Real World MOD does it, so I thought PSEMI may be set to be sold in retail stores, but I may be wrong. You may download the source file of RealWorld MOD if you are interested in finding out how it does it.

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 pm
by saffgee
You have to create a new product class (eg. Fruits) and then assign the products to that group in Product types. Alternatively you can just assign them to existing groups, but I can't think of any that would be suitable for fruit and veg (maybe FOOD ?). The other way is to add PSEMI to your retail stores, but I wouldn't recommend this as you don't really want to sell things like cotton and Rubber in retail.

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:56 am
by Brain
I think i will go for a Fruits&Veggies (FRTVEGG) group for certain crops to be sold at Supermarkets and similar, and I might also go for one FLOWERS category for available at stores related to gardening or at a Florist - but not sure if I find time to get stores for them into this mod in the first shot... Roses can be used in a factory for making Rose Water (PSEMI), and Sunflowers can be used to gain Sunflower Seeds (PSEMI) for recipes in this mod. I am pondering with to introduce two more categories, Spices&Flavors (FLAVORS) and Nuts&Seeds (SEEDS) for those that are sold to end users in Health Food store.

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:26 am
by David
The product mix sounds interesting!