Bond system - feedback needed

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab

What do you think about the bond system?

The bond system is useful and the gameplay balance is good.
55%
The bond system is useful but the gameplay balance needs improvements. (Please post your comments on this thread.)
45%
The bond system is not useful. (Please post your comments on this thread.)
No votes

Total votes: 20

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bond system - feedback needed

Post by David »

beamthegreat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:25 pm I think the new system is great but there should be an option to quickly purchase bonds with a large issue size. If you issued $10bil in bonds and want to buy it back you literally have click and hold the button for 10 minutes. Not fun.
This has been improved. Please download the latest version 6.0.05 from https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6904
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

王宇轩 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:35 pm The bond market is good.

I think the global stock market is somewhat unbalanced. I found that it is easily to make huge amount of money there. And the global company's market cap seems to become larger and larger forever which worths trillions of trillions dollars...

Thanks.
What do you mean by make huge money? 5%-12% or 20%+ return per year? Some of the Companies should go bankrupt or lose some value (recovering or not) from time to time possibly being replaced. If you Let the game run long enough the market should definitely get bigger at the same time money should be worth less and less with inflation.

If the game has run for 50+ years then maybe the dollar value of everything should have a reverse split of 2-1 or 10-1 so that $1 Trillion becomes ~$100 billion-$500 billion so the numbers are easier to work with.
David

Post by David »

The dev team is currently working on improving the global stock market. In the next update, movements in stock prices will be more reasonable.
cxt8888

Post by cxt8888 »

beamthegreat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:25 pm I think the new system is great but there should be an option to quickly purchase bonds with a large issue size. If you issued $10bil in bonds and want to buy it back you literally have click and hold the button for 10 minutes. Not fun.
I agree
David

Post by David »

cxt8888 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:43 am
I agree
This issue has been fixed already. Please download the latest version 6.0.11 from https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6904
brianwiz
Level 3 user

Post by brianwiz »

I like buying bonds and making money

But.

When i ran out of cash it would only let me issue another one and not sell any.

I only played for like 5 minutes through
David

Post by David »

brianwiz wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:02 am I like buying bonds and making money

But.

When i ran out of cash it would only let me issue another one and not sell any.

I only played for like 5 minutes through
We will add the option of selling bonds on the Out of Cash window in the next update.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I've noted an issue. My company will show on its balance sheet bonds as liabilities even though my company has no bonds outstanding.
bond issue.PNG
bond issue.PNG (67.23 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
bond issue 2.PNG
bond issue 2.PNG (272.91 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
David

Post by David »

Hi Arcnor,

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I'll see if I can recreate the bug. I lost my saved game, so I'll have to see if it happens again.